Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a few incidences that my driver side power window controls don't work. They were reverted back to regular up and down window controls, unlike the cool feature of automatic power sliding windows(one touch and the windows roll all the way down, without having your finger remain on the button). The times it reverted back was because of events where the car battery was reset or removed; new audio equipment install that resets all power functions. IN any case, I have a solution.

Driver Window
1. Make sure the engine is off
2. Turn key to just the ON position (2nd click), where the lights on dashboard lite up showing battery, chk engine.
3. Hold up the button for the driver side window. NOTE: You must continue to hold till you hear a few clicking sounds(around 15 secs)
4. Give it a test

If the button does not roll the window all the way down,
5. Repeat 1-2.
6. Try holding DOWN the driver side window button, hold for 15 secs.

Passenger Window

NOTE: The Driver controls for the Passenger side window should not be working at all. However, the passenger side control can function on its own, but without the automatic roll.
1. Repeat 1-2.
2. Hold, simultaneously, both passenger side window buttons UP( the Driver Seat Window controls and the Passenger Seat Window controls) Again for about 15 secs to where you can hear a few clicks.
3. Give it a test

If it fails, try holding the button DOWN instead.

Hope this helps. Should save you a few bucks at the dealership for having them reprogram your windows!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe someone here can help with this...

My driver side window just stopped working. I have tried the trick where you hold the button down or up for 15 seconds, listen for the clicks, nothing happens. All three other windows work fine. The driver's side won't budge. The strange thing is, it happened Sunday. Sunday morning it worked fine. Sunday afternoon, it stopped working. Monday morning it worked fine. Monday afternoon, it did not work. Tuesday (today) it hasn't worked all day. Because it seemed to work intermittently, I don't think it's the motor (I sure hope not).

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Or perhaps I am doing something wrong when attempting the reset trick? I didn't unhook my battery so I don't know why it would have just suddenly stopped working.

I tried turning to the "ON" position, holding UP for 15 seconds, heard clicks, let go. Pressed down and it did not move. I turned the car off. Turned back to "ON", held the button DOWN for 15 seconds, heard clicks, let go, tried pressing down. Still did not move. All three other windows operate fine.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Atomic13,

First I hope your not getting the "on" position confused with Turning the engine ON. That would be the 3rd click. The "on" position is just where all electronic functions can be used (windows, radio, wipers)

But otherwise it seems you followed my instructions to the T. To reassure you that this works, I have done this 3 times on my car and once on my roomates whom has a 04' Mazda 6. Now I don't know if it works on new generation, but the mechanics of this method should be transferable over to any car with automatic roll down windows. The times that I had to do this was 1. Getting and aftermarket audio deck, the people there rewired some things and tripped up the battery. Basically, all things were to be reset; time clock, radio stations...2nd time was at the dealer, they redid my gear box. They told me they had to take out the battery and reset it....don't know what it had to do with the battery but they did. Nor did the Dealer bother to notice my windows were not functioning properly and to fix them for me. 3rd time was when I had to get a new battery. Which was just last week. SO, it works.

Now I am no professional, but by the looks of your story it may seem to be the motor on that window. You said it just died on you, and some days it intermittently worked. The other windows work fine, except for that window. So its not your battery that caused the system to reset. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you if that was the issue.

QUOTE (atomic13 @ Jan 12 2010, 05:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629343
Maybe someone here can help with this...

My driver side window just stopped working. I have tried the trick where you hold the button down or up for 15 seconds, listen for the clicks, nothing happens. All three other windows work fine. The driver's side won't budge. The strange thing is, it happened Sunday. Sunday morning it worked fine. Sunday afternoon, it stopped working. Monday morning it worked fine. Monday afternoon, it did not work. Tuesday (today) it hasn't worked all day. Because it seemed to work intermittently, I don't think it's the motor (I sure hope not).

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Or perhaps I am doing something wrong when attempting the reset trick? I didn't unhook my battery so I don't know why it would have just suddenly stopped working.

I tried turning to the "ON" position, holding UP for 15 seconds, heard clicks, let go. Pressed down and it did not move. I turned the car off. Turned back to "ON", held the button DOWN for 15 seconds, heard clicks, let go, tried pressing down. Still did not move. All three other windows operate fine.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[/b]

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Jwang @ Jan 7 2010, 07:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1628088
I have noticed a few incidences that my driver side power window controls don't work. They were reverted back to regular up and down window controls, unlike the cool feature of automatic power sliding windows(one touch and the windows roll all the way down, without having your finger remain on the button). The times it reverted back was because of events where the car battery was reset or removed; new audio equipment install that resets all power functions. IN any case, I have a solution.

Driver Window
1. Make sure the engine is off
2. Turn key to just the ON position (2nd click), where the lights on dashboard lite up showing battery, chk engine.
3. Hold up the button for the driver side window. NOTE: You must continue to hold till you hear a few clicking sounds(around 15 secs)
4. Give it a test

If the button does not roll the window all the way down,
5. Repeat 1-2.
6. Try holding DOWN the driver side window button, hold for 15 secs.

Passenger Window

NOTE: The Driver controls for the Passenger side window should not be working at all. However, the passenger side control can function on its own, but without the automatic roll.
1. Repeat 1-2.
2. Hold, simultaneously, both passenger side window buttons UP( the Driver Seat Window controls and the Passenger Seat Window controls) Again for about 15 secs to where you can hear a few clicks.
3. Give it a test

If it fails, try holding the button DOWN instead.

Hope this helps. Should save you a few bucks at the dealership for having them reprogram your windows![/b]
This is the exact problem I am having but it is with the passenger side only. Thanks for the tip I will definitely try it.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
You don't need to hold both buttons simultaneously. Just roll each window all the way down, then roll it back up and hold it up for a bit until you hear 2 clicks. The let go of the button, and press it down and let go. It should roll down by itself now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had an issue with my windows after I had removed the door cards to fit new speakers - the windows worked from their own switch, but not from the driver's main switch.

I tried holding the button up, and then down...and then I rolled the window down, rolled it up and held the button, heard a few clicks, then tried again - works a treat :)

thanks guys :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
No doubt a big thanks for the info. I just had my engine replaced and got it back with no passenger window control from the drivers side panel. Followed the instructions and now it works like a champ. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts