Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you activate the Autolock feature where when you walk away from the MS6 with your key card it automatically locks itself?

:drive:

Thanks!

Edit: I keep searched and saw that you have to bring it to the dealer to set up autolock..... is there any other way?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Sorry, not that I know of

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's the only way.

·
Registered
249 Posts
they should do it for free at the dealer... how long have u had the car??? my dealer said that they would program it whatever way i wanted it back when i bought it...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Anyone call mazda on this. They should be able to tell us. Is this only available on the GT's or does it also work on the sport model. Most alarms have passive/active arming so I would think both would but not sure.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Anyone call mazda on this. They should be able to tell us. Is this only available on the GT's or does it also work on the sport model. Most alarms have passive/active arming so I would think both would but not sure.
[/b]
It only works on MS6's that have the Advanced Keyless Entry and Start which is standard on the GT and not an option on the sport. It uses he card(GT) instead of the switch-blade key-fob(Sport).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to mazda and they had no idea what I was talking about. After I explained the Autolock feature to them, they said " Oh well we will take care of that problem immediately... it should be warrantied and I'm sorry your new car is broken"

About 30 min later, a bit of research in the tech books and a visit to this forum they finally got it to work... lol. It's a very cool feature though :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
About 30 min later, a bit of research in the tech books and a visit to this forum they finally got it to work... lol. It's a very cool feature though :D
[/b]
A visit to this forum, that's hilarious...

·
Registered
940 Posts
A visit to this forum, that's hilarious...
[/b]
Reminds me of when I found out the part number for the mazdaspeed CAI for the MS6 and went to my dealer and asked about it and they said I had the wrong part number and where did I get it. I told them from a message board and he laughed and me and proceeded to order the right part number. I came in the next week to pick it up and noticed the part number did not match the receipt (but it matched the one from here) - he said that his book had the wrong number and mine was right after all.

Pretty funny stuff that the people on this board can offer better info than someone who actually works in a parts department for a living.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Pretty funny stuff that the people on this board can offer better info than someone who actually works in a parts department for a living.
[/b]
This seems to be the case time and time again, especially with the flashes.

I took mine to the dealer and had them enable Auto-lock and disable the seatbelt chime (yes i wear my seatbelt, but it gets annoying from the mailbox to the front door) It took all of 2 min. I watched him hook up the computer and drill down 2 menus and there were the options.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I know it would be wrong but someone needs to grab a copy of there software so we can all hack our cars...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok this feature sounds great but let me ask you a question. What if I leave the car running and take the key card with me what then? I assume that it won't be able to lock car, right? I often go into Wawa and leave my car running.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ok this feature sounds great but let me ask you a question. What if I leave the car running and take the key card with me what then? I assume that it won't be able to lock car, right? I often go into Wawa and leave my car running.
[/b]
The only option I know of to lock the car at that point is to use the physical key (the one stored inside the keycard) and manually lock the door. I don't believe this will arm the alarm, but merely lock the doors. You will probably need to use the key again to manually unlock the door when you return.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts