Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got them Wednesday and put them on today. I have a little over an inch drop right now and it looks pretty good. I rub like crazy with the 235's on it, so it's time to roll the fenders. I took some pics of the autoEXE's next to the stockers, I'll post them up later tonight.

The ride doesn't really feel any different then before, which is nice. Overall I like them so far and will like them better when I quit cutting into my tire.

Wiggum---how are yours not rubbing if my setup matches yours? I have the 235's on RX-8 wheels.

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/attachment...achmentid=90272

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/attachment...achmentid=90273

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Take a picture...

Not sure, I use Falken Azenis ST115's... but not all tires with the same sizing are actually the same size...

You are rubbing without any weight in the trunk?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing in the trunk, just my big ass in the car.

The install was pretty cake, the rear took about an hour start to finish and the front was about 2-3 hours because I had to go get a spring compressor. When I got it, the actual time to take the strut and replace the spring was maybe a half an hour.

I'll get pics of the car later when I clean it all up. I have about 2" of wheel well, maybe a little less.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll get pics of the car later when I clean it all up. I have about 2" of wheel well, maybe a little less.
[/b]

I have a 3 finger gap in the front and 2 finger gap in the rear......so those of you considering these, go out and finger your gap and you'll see how much it will decrease.

:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're both red, it was just the lighting. I have been meaning to get some pics of the car, but I have been busy. I'll try tonight.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
How much weight are you putting in the back to compress those springs enough to rub?

The rear spring rate is so high I am having a hard time getting my car to rub...

And BTW, what are your impressions of the springs so far?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much weight are you putting in the back to compress those springs enough to rub?

The rear spring rate is so high I am having a hard time getting my car to rub...
And BTW, what are your impressions of the springs so far?
[/b]
I have nothing in the back of my car, except the spare tire. I saw in another thread that the falkens have a narrower tread area then most. I am running BFG's, so maybe they are wider. I'm cool now, I bought a fender roller and took care of it.

I really like the springs, the ride is closer to stock then any other springs I have ever felt. You can feel the stiffness more when you launch but the bumps are cake. I definatly am not mad that I spent $400 because it was money well spent to get the right springs for the car.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just do it - ordered mine the other day. Shipment arrives 10/27 - they had 8 left when I called earlier this week.

Just wishing there was a verified shock replacement available - I would like to replace springs/shocks at the same time.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's well worth the extra money to get springs designed FOR the car. I can't believe I even have springs on....until I scrape the plastic piece under the front end when I pull out of my driveway.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Sorry to hijack-I just ordered mine today! I spoke to Derrick from Corksport and he just received a shipment and the springs are in the process of clearing customs. $447.00 shipped to Sac Town via UPS. They may arrive Tuesday! Thanks for the quick review. It helped make up my mind.

Shocks will follow since I couldn't afford it all at once.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Got an email from Corksport today saying that my springs will ship tomorrow.

Just got my RX-8 wheels and Potenza RE-01R's mounted today and am looking forward to losing the gap - not to mention stiffening things up a bit.

Wanting shocks but it seems that there isn't a real consensus on what works best. There's the Koni's but I haven't heard any feedback on how they work with that setup.

Question for those that have the Autoexe springs installed - is it necessary to cut the bump stops front/rear to accomodate the decrease in suspension travel? I was looking at the bump stops today when they were mounting the wheels/tires and those things are huge.

Thanks for all your positive replies.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
BUMP

Springs show up Wednesday.

I saw a post from somebody asking Wiggum about trimming bump stops.

Any insight? Good/Bad?

Thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BUMP

Springs show up Wednesday.

I saw a post from somebody asking Wiggum about trimming bump stops.

Any insight? Good/Bad?

Thanks.
[/b]
I did not trim anything when I put mine on and I have no issues.

·
Registered
851 Posts
has it settled any lower than the original pics?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It still looks the same to me, but I haven't measured it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts