Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Terence from Singapore. I am new to this forum. I got my Mazda 6 just about a month ago. Sad to say, the suspension of the car is terrible as compared to my previous car, the Proton Satria GTi.

I am really keen to do something about the road handling. Have anyone hear of the AutoExe brand? Here's the URL: http://www.specr.com.sg/

The coilover looks cool.....
Any comments?

Terence
Mazda 6 2.3 HB-Black

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: AutoExe Parts for Mazda 6

Proton? Are you serious? The only thing I hear from my Malaysian friend about the Proton is if you have one, don't go advertising that you have/had one. :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It all comes down to what your expectations are. The 6 isn't a soft ride. Not harsh either. But if you're used to a soft car, then I guess you find it hard...

Welcome here, BTW.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'AutoExe Parts for Mazda 6'

I must say that the handling isn't as comfortable as the speed is increasing. I felt the 'sailing' feeling when I took a wide bend at aorund 160km/h. My previous Proton is a Satria GTi, with its undercarriage and suspension tuned by Lotus. Maybe I should not compare my 6 with a hatchback. But the serious thing now is, do I need to change a set of stifer shocks?

Anyone has upgraded their suspension system?

·
Registered
526 Posts

When comparing a two-door the size of a VW Golf to the 6, I don't doubt you might get a sailing feeling. The 6 is overall a much larger car.

They're two totally different cars. It isn't a fair comparison at all.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Replying to Topic 'AutoExe Parts for Mazda 6'

Originally posted by hieppo

Proton?  Are you serious?  The only thing I hear from my Malaysian friend about the Proton is if you have one, don't go advertising that you have/had one. :)[/b]
If I remember correctly, Proton owns Lotus, or the other way around.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I think Proton also owned Lamborghini before Audi bought it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts