Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

A few members had asked me for pictures of my AutoEXE kit and rims. I finally managed to get everything on the car and wanted to share (I'm a noob... it takes me awhile to do things). I still haven't installed the low-down springs so the ride is a little high, but I just might wait till after winter on that anyways.

Enjoy!
(Thumbs are links to bigger pix).

PS - Yes, I know I need to do something about the rust on the <strike>wheel mount thingy</strike> rotors.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
allow me to be the first to say your ride looks "sccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeet! :drool:

how are your gauges mounted?

·
Registered
364 Posts
the rust is on your rotor, not a wheel mount

aftermarket rotors should cure that...just wait til spring and get new ones if you really can't stand it

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how are your gauges mounted?
[/b]
I just cut up some lexicon (plexiglass) from Lowes, drilled three holes, and used the mounts that came with the gauges. It's a work in progress though since I still can't quite close the lid yet.

I still have to hook up the oil pressure and EGT sensor... waiting for a friend to help me out and some parts for the oil pressure.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Man thats a beautiful car!!! I've been debating on purchasing the whole autoexe kit but i think you just convinced me to go ahead and do it. Oh and props on the gauges too... :thumbup:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments. It makes the pain in my wallet easier to bear :).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. It makes the pain in my wallet easier to bear :).
[/b]
with that being said... how much did that whole kit cost you?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't get that whole all around lip thing. Looks like you bolted on something to the car that just doesn't belong...and it's only purpose is to be "carbon fiber"... just my opinion of course, but it's kind of like putting a bench sized wing on the back... rather ricey....

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Love the wheels. Be careful with the lip.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I don't get that whole all around lip thing. Looks like you bolted on something to the car that just doesn't belong...and it's only purpose is to be "carbon fiber"... just my opinion, but it's kind of like putting a bench sized wing on the back... rather ricey....
[/b]
Your opinion is wrong! ;)

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I love the kit, and the rims. The gauges don't really work for me though. You need a gauge pod, the open map pocket is to distracting to me. Can you still close the map pocket? If you can, and you trying to stay stock looking then I take back my comment. Sweet ride!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Love the CF lip...perfect for your color car. Are those tires 225-40's?

I am glad your rims are getting such positive responses! Mine are basically a rip off of that style with just a small detail added on the spokes, lol. I wish I had more than 150 to spend per rim :(

[attachmentid=17599]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm still wondering how exactly those gauges are mounted. The only plexiglass I see is underneath them.

BTW, what size are those wheels?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm still wondering how exactly those gauges are mounted. The only plexiglass I see is underneath them.

BTW, what size are those wheels?
[/b]

and what size are the tires also?

Car looks awesome man, now even more excited to get my 5-spokes in, should be here thursday!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
with that being said... how much did that whole kit cost you?
[/b]
I bought the entire thing through Corksport... I'll let you do the math since I'll start crying if I do it (again).

I don't get that whole all around lip thing. Looks like you bolted on something to the car that just doesn't belong...and it's only purpose is to be "carbon fiber"... just my opinion of course, but it's kind of like putting a bench sized wing on the back... rather ricey....
[/b]
I was really scared about the "rice" factor since I've seen lots of really ugly body kits. I personally didn't like the side contours of the MS6. The side panels just came down too "flat" for my liking and I think the kit adds the needed curve/bumpiness that I was hoping for. I think (obviously) that it came out very nice and I've even had friends that are stock-nazi's compliment it. :).

Love the wheels. Be careful with the lip.
[/b]
Yeah, that's another reason I've been wary of putting the lower springs on right away. I'm going to have to learn to avoid obstacles on the road better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts