Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see SU is selling Autoexe brakes (comp and street) for the Speed. Anybody have any experience. I was hoping EBC would come out with Greens for the front as a nice upgrade for street driving...but since they apparently can't pull their head out of their own a....s, I guess I need to look for something else.

Any info on material used in these pads would be appreciated also.

Wayne

·
Registered
851 Posts
ebc has greens for our car they also have reds and yellows.......i recommend the reds as they are more suited toward our heavier cars

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Comp. pads will produce a lot of dust.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EBC doesn't have Greens for MS6 front! I've contacted several supplies and even the EBC rep for the US. Nothing, they are listed for sale on a few web sites, but they are not available. No way I'm getting reds for everyday use....sorry.

Wayne

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
EBC doesn't have Greens for MS6 front! I've contacted several supplies and even the EBC rep for the US. Nothing, they are listed for sale on a few web sites, but they are not available. No way I'm getting reds for everyday use....sorry.

Wayne
[/b]
Based on what information? Not these I take it. ;)

http://www.subiegal.com/productreview/ebcr...tuff_review.htm

[attachmentid=17727]

Info regarding realistic expectations
[attachmentid=17728]

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't want to debate green vs. red EBC's ....that was not my question, and it's been hashed out in other posts.

I take it that no one has used the Autoexe brakes?

Wayne

then you need to look hard

http://mazda6online.com/

look in the mazdaspeed6 section
[/b]

Yeah, I know Ken lists those for sale..I've had them on order for months from him. No luck....he can't get anywhere with EBC either....really wish he would take them off the web site if they aren't available.

Wayne

·
Registered
507 Posts
Would Green EBC's be a comparable replacement for the stock pads but without all of the dust? Cleaning this brake dust is killing my knees!

·
Registered
851 Posts
why buy a comparable replacement when you can get something better? I run reds and have no problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
why buy a comparable replacement when you can get something better? I run reds and have no problem.
[/b]
Enough about the reds. Your opinion has been noted.
Dont highjack this thread.

Only offer your opinion if you currently use, or have used autoexe pads on your speed6.

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
and you are who? and moderator of what forum?
the original post included a statement about ebc. and to answer the question above, yes the greens would be a comperable lower dust pad.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I guess I need to look for something else.[/b]
Note that the full range of Carbotech pads are available as well.

EBC still has not officially released the MS6 pads in the US, which makes them extremely difficult to get. We are continuing to work with our EBC supplier to get these on the market on a consistent basis.

·
Registered
210 Posts
and you are who? and moderator of what forum?
the original post included a statement about ebc. and to answer the question above, yes the greens would be a comperable lower dust pad.
[/b]
Just tired of having to read through 3 pages of BS to get a real answer. The original poster did not ask about greens. It was stated that they wish they could get greens, but dont want to run reds. Not asking what people thought about the reds. That has been talked about in enough threads that turn into 3 pages of BS, some saying they are fine for daily use, others saying that they are track only pads.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just tired of having to read through 3 pages of BS to get a real answer. The original poster did not ask about greens. It was stated that they wish they could get greens, but dont want to run reds. Not asking what people thought about the reds. That has been talked about in enough threads that turn into 3 pages of BS, some saying they are fine for daily use, others saying that they are track only pads.
[/b]
Well said.....I am looking for something that is comparable to EBC Greens...since I already bought greens for the back (since I thought fronts were available). From just looking at the price range, I figured the Autoexe pads were not as agressive as track pads and perhaps had similar characteristics as the greens.

And was hoping for some "real" information, not some stinking debate. I did look at the Carb pads, but thought they would be pretty aggressive as compared to the rears I was hoping to use. Worse thing in the world for brakes (IMO) is being unbalanced.

Wayne

1 - 14 of 14 Posts