Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want to buy AutoEnginuity Scan Tool and i have quick question....

Well on the www.therpmstore.com website there is option you can select which is: Software Enhancements and there you can select Mazda Enhanced interface for $90 extra so my question is:

What is that Mazda Enhanced Interface and is it worth paying $90 extra.

On the other hand i'm thinking on getting AutoXray 4000, which is cheaper but i really like record option you will get with AutoEnginuity.

If anyone own any of above pls let me know.

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I remember seeing on the AutoEnginuity website that they had a list of the specific codes and sensors that the Mazda enhanced software allows you access to. I know that you can find the specs there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is really only a good investment for speed6 owners. Not worth it for the regular 6.
[/b]
Well autoxray is almost same price as AutoEnginuity Scan Tool and 2nd one offers a lot more so that's why im interested in this solution.

Anyway the only thing that makes me wonder is Mazda Enhanced interface for $90 not sure if it's worth paying extra....

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Depends on what exactly you want to do. If you need the best of the best, plan on doing some tuning work yourself in the future, etc, get the Enhanced. If you just need to read some Codes and perhaps do a few other little things, then I doubt that knowing the voltage load of the air conditioner, or about 50 different sensors for the airbag system (no joke) is really going to add a lot of value to you. Only you can decide whether any of the long-list of enhanced sensors is going to be worth it for you.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Depends on what exactly you want to do. If you need the best of the best, plan on doing some tuning work yourself in the future, etc, get the Enhanced. If you just need to read some Codes and perhaps do a few other little things, then I doubt that knowing the voltage load of the air conditioner, or about 50 different sensors for the airbag system (no joke) is really going to add a lot of value to you. Only you can decide whether any of the long-list of enhanced sensors is going to be worth it for you.
[/b]
To elaborate off Sigma, basically buying it without the enhancement would be ideal for normal use, buying with like Sigma said would be ideal for personal tuning prefrences, etc.... you should read up on it a little more, it's actually quite the tool to have! ;)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Another question since I'm looking at the scan tool currently: Could someone buy the scan tool and later decide to purcahse the Mazda upgrade, or must they be bought at once? I'm assuming it's just a software upgrade, no?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
You can buy it seperately or all together, doesn't matter....

Got mine from Cullen at StreetUnit.com and couldn't be happier....

·
Registered
634 Posts
You can buy it seperately or all together, doesn't matter....

Got mine from Cullen at StreetUnit.com and couldn't be happier....
[/b]
Danke. I'll probably just get the tool w/o the upgrade, and then get the upgrade if I need to do something that requires it (which I probably won't).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/b]
Awsome that's what i was lookin for.....
I will order mine today.

Thanks a lot!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so you are saying its not worth getting if you have a regular 6 like me,because i am considering getting in on the GB for this.....

why do you feel only if you have the speed its worth it??
[/b]
I see it as an investment that would work for all the cars i will own in the future....

·
Registered
329 Posts
so you are saying its not worth getting if you have a regular 6 like me,because i am considering getting in on the GB for this.....

why do you feel only if you have the speed its worth it??
[/b]
I think he was talking about the enhanced mazda upgrade not the tool itself. For the speed owners the enhanced will show things like boost air temp, boost pressure, etc. which wouldn't be applicable to the non-boosted versions of the 6. I would say that unless you really require knowing things like accelerator pedal position % vs. actual throttle plate position % the base model is sufficient for the 6i and 6s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts