Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy the AutoEnginuity Scan Tool, but I'm wondering if it's worth spending the additional $90 to get the Mazda Enhanced Interface. I'm leaning toward spending the $90, but input from those of you who actually have it would be great.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Im interested in the answer also. Seems like people can read tons of sensors even without the mazda extra, so I'm not sure what it adds.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
This has been covered in the Mazdaspeed section, but I think for a non boosted car its not really neccessary, unless you are a devoted tuner...

The regular version is going to be more than enough for the average enthusiast...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback Wiggum.

I did a quick search on "Enhanced Interface" and one thread in the Mazdaspeed section came up. It seemed to suggest exactly what you state, I just wasn't sure if there would be a benefit for us NA guys.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Just as a side-note, here is a list of the additional sensors added by the enhanced software for Mazda:

http://www.autoenginuity.com/Mazda-Sensor-List.html

You may note that some of these sections do not apply to the Mazda 6. This is the case, and only the compatible systems will work. I can't remember exactly which ones work on the Mazda 6, but I believe they are the EnhancedPowertrain, EnhancedABS, EnhancedInstrumentCluster, and EnhancedRestraintControlModule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
falcontx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing