Mazda 6 Forums banner

AutoEnginuity DataLogger...

5K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  Wiggum 
#1 ·
I have a vendor (whom I am ordering my logger from) who wants to setup a group buy on the units...

Just seeing whom is interested...

For those that don't know this is a device that plugs into the OBD2 port and allows full reading of all the works on the ECU...

For the Mazdaspeed guys... this is the kicker... Click me...

Digital on board boost gauge you don't have to look at all the time...

Check out AutoEnginuity.com for more information...

Here is a good discussion....

Here is a previous GB...

From this vendor price will be lower than that GB...

If you are interested please just post "Interest"... otherwise, lets discuss...

Pricing will be as follows...

Unit Itself:
$195 FREE 2 DAY AIR (1-9) people...
$185 FREE 2 DAY AIR (10+) people...

Mazda Upgrade:
$80 1-9 People
$70 10+ People

For information about the upgrade just search "AutoEnginuity" and you'll see some posts... some will need it some won't... its your discretion...

Once I have 10 people "Intereted" a GB will start with a coupon code from the vendor...

Thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
I was thinking about getting a ScanGauge. I've seen a couple of threads on this forum about it. I know the company that sells them has done a few group buys on other forums, and I was actually going to contact them to see what price they would possibly give for a group buy for us.

www.scangauge.com

P.S. It is CAN compatible.

#8 ·
Show me a boost gauge anywhere else :)
[/b]
You are correct. And put me down as "Interested". However, (and correct me if I am wrong, because I'm not that familiar with it) isn't the AutoEnginuity basically a software tool that must be used with a computer? The ScanGauge has a display device that can be mounted in your car. This isn't really a "one is better than the other" but just different in how they are used. Obviously the AutoEnginuity gives more in-depth info, but the ScanGauge is more simple to use.

#11 ·
I don't think they would deal with me here DownUnder though?

But regardless, just wondering if this device and software will work with the Mazda MPV that I also have?

Please let me know as I am interest but due to my location I may not be able to join you guys on this GB.

Please let me know.

#12 ·
I think they could ship to you, but for an additional fee of course... shouldn't be too terrible...

#13 ·
are these separate group buys? i have the AE software already, but would like the mazda upgrade.

FWIW, the AE software has a ton of stuff that ms6 owners can use. this includes IAT, boost, EGT, MAF, AF ratio (B1S1 is wideband), and many other things. with the mazda specific, it adds IMT, which is a big thing for those wondering about IC and/or turbo swapping, as well as other sensors i.e. drivetrain. definitely worth the regular price so this group buy price would be a steal.

and on another note, the scanner will work on any OBDII vehicle, so it isnt limited to just your ms6.

#14 ·
I can talk to the vendor about getting you the upgrade at the GB price as soon as we have interest...

#18 ·
I just want to add to this by saying that I have nothing but great things to say about the scan tool itself and the amazing customer support from the company. The base system covers most of what people will want to see but if possible I definately suggest springing for the Mazda coverage. The sheer amount of sensors that it can read is quite astounding. It pretty much covers anything you want to know about what your vehicle is doing.

TheKorean: According to their website

Requirements

*Windows 98SE 1/ ME / NT2 / 2000 / XP (Pro, Home, and Media Center) operating system
*12 MB of free drive space
*32 MB of memory

I like your idea about the PSP... I might have to look into that.

#19 ·
I love my data logger as well.

I have the laptop and Pocket PC version, and they work great. I even got the Pocket PC to work with bluetooth with 0 effort.

#20 ·
TheKorean: According to their website

Requirements

*Windows 98SE 1/ ME / NT2 / 2000 / XP (Pro, Home, and Media Center) operating system
*12 MB of free drive space
*32 MB of memory

I like your idea about the PSP... I might have to look into that.
[/b]
This should work with no problem on the PSP with the windows hack. The only thing I'm worried about is if there will be lag..especially when you're logging data.

Interested.

#21 ·
I think I need to clarify one thing... is "interested" meaning cash in hand ready to go?

wiggum
DaBears2k
sqanerd
PGK_GT
btf
M6Gr8
TheKorean
redfire6i
ATC5

To get added to the list please let me know... and if are aren't ready to buy now feel free PM me and let me know...

#22 ·
I noticed that you used our previous post as an example here. We are an authorized dealer for AutoEnginuity and have been for some time now. All group buys must be authorized by AutoEnginuity in order to avoid violating their dealer agreement.

I called AutoEnginuity to verify this particular group buy and was told that it is not authorized. AutoEnginuity told me to encourage all of you to contact them at 480-326-6010 to verify the validity of this or any other group buy that may be offered or to verify the authorized dealer status of the vendor that you are purchasing from.

As such, I would highly recommend that Wiggum be very cautious when dealing with this unnamed vendor. I would also encourage everyone else to be careful with posts like this where the vendor is not named. The site has sponsors in order to help protect the Mazda6Club members from dealings with shady vendors.

#24 ·
I can assure you this group buy has been authorized.... I was on the phone well pricing was being discussed with the "founder" of AE...

AE violate there own dealer agreements, they say MAP pricing is $224.10 (or something around there) and sell it themselves on Ebay for $200 plus $10 shipping....

If you call AE and check the group buy pricing, you will clearly see this is attainable...

Not to mention Donny, I think you know the vendor... think iPods?

#25 ·
If it shows Intake Boost Air Temp, then I'm in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.