Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vendor (whom I am ordering my logger from) who wants to setup a group buy on the units...

Just seeing whom is interested...

For those that don't know this is a device that plugs into the OBD2 port and allows full reading of all the works on the ECU...

For the Mazdaspeed guys... this is the kicker... Click me...

Digital on board boost gauge you don't have to look at all the time...

Check out AutoEnginuity.com for more information...

Here is a good discussion....

Here is a previous GB...

From this vendor price will be lower than that GB...

If you are interested please just post "Interest"... otherwise, lets discuss...

Pricing will be as follows...

Unit Itself:
$195 FREE 2 DAY AIR (1-9) people...
$185 FREE 2 DAY AIR (10+) people...

Mazda Upgrade:
$80 1-9 People
$70 10+ People

For information about the upgrade just search "AutoEnginuity" and you'll see some posts... some will need it some won't... its your discretion...

Once I have 10 people "Intereted" a GB will start with a coupon code from the vendor...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
$200 for some software and USB-OBD2 plug is a lot of $$. I have seen some of the same product for palm pilots for about half that.
[/b]
You aren't going to see a CAN compatible one for $100

I'd be interested...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was thinking about getting a ScanGauge. I've seen a couple of threads on this forum about it. I know the company that sells them has done a few group buys on other forums, and I was actually going to contact them to see what price they would possibly give for a group buy for us.

www.scangauge.com

P.S. It is CAN compatible.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Show me a boost gauge anywhere else :)
[/b]
You are correct. And put me down as "Interested". However, (and correct me if I am wrong, because I'm not that familiar with it) isn't the AutoEnginuity basically a software tool that must be used with a computer? The ScanGauge has a display device that can be mounted in your car. This isn't really a "one is better than the other" but just different in how they are used. Obviously the AutoEnginuity gives more in-depth info, but the ScanGauge is more simple to use.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don't think they would deal with me here DownUnder though?

But regardless, just wondering if this device and software will work with the Mazda MPV that I also have?

Please let me know as I am interest but due to my location I may not be able to join you guys on this GB.

Please let me know.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think they could ship to you, but for an additional fee of course... shouldn't be too terrible...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
are these separate group buys? i have the AE software already, but would like the mazda upgrade.

FWIW, the AE software has a ton of stuff that ms6 owners can use. this includes IAT, boost, EGT, MAF, AF ratio (B1S1 is wideband), and many other things. with the mazda specific, it adds IMT, which is a big thing for those wondering about IC and/or turbo swapping, as well as other sensors i.e. drivetrain. definitely worth the regular price so this group buy price would be a steal.

and on another note, the scanner will work on any OBDII vehicle, so it isnt limited to just your ms6.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can talk to the vendor about getting you the upgrade at the GB price as soon as we have interest...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Wiggum, Thanks for the reply.

Please enquire for me how much is it to ship it to me? If it is cheaper than what RPM is offering me, then I am in.

Thanks.

And thanks to your answer re- other vehicles, ryceboi.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it.... expect 14-20 for shipping.... so $215 or lower...

As low as $199 shipped...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just want to add to this by saying that I have nothing but great things to say about the scan tool itself and the amazing customer support from the company. The base system covers most of what people will want to see but if possible I definately suggest springing for the Mazda coverage. The sheer amount of sensors that it can read is quite astounding. It pretty much covers anything you want to know about what your vehicle is doing.

TheKorean: According to their website

Requirements

*Windows 98SE 1/ ME / NT2 / 2000 / XP (Pro, Home, and Media Center) operating system
*12 MB of free drive space
*32 MB of memory

I like your idea about the PSP... I might have to look into that.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I love my data logger as well.

I have the laptop and Pocket PC version, and they work great. I even got the Pocket PC to work with bluetooth with 0 effort.

·
Registered
987 Posts
TheKorean: According to their website

Requirements

*Windows 98SE 1/ ME / NT2 / 2000 / XP (Pro, Home, and Media Center) operating system
*12 MB of free drive space
*32 MB of memory

I like your idea about the PSP... I might have to look into that.
[/b]
This should work with no problem on the PSP with the windows hack. The only thing I'm worried about is if there will be lag..especially when you're logging data.

Interested.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts