Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm itching to get into it but not unless I can at least be somewhat competitive in it. I am totally regretting choosing an ATX...

Is it a joke to race an automatic? Do other people do it?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
We all start somewhere. Unless you've autoX before or you are REALLY good at driving, being competitive can take some time too. Some of the veteran autocrosser have been doing it for a few years. Some of them drive WRXs or Mini-Cooppers. It's hard for us 6'ers to compete against them.

Some of the resident member autocrossers have autos as well. Don't let the ATX stop you from autoxing. But understand this, once you start, it's hard to stop, literally!

·
Registered
156 Posts
We all start somewhere. Unless you've autoX before or you are REALLY good at driving, being competitive can take some time too. Some of the veteran autocrosser have been doing it for a few years. Some of them drive WRXs or Mini-Cooppers. It's hard for us 6'ers to compete against them.

Some of the resident member autocrossers have autos as well. Don't let the ATX stop you from autoxing. But understand this, once you start, it's hard to stop, literally!
[/b]

It's hard to stop til you try track events.. High Speed Drivers Ed FTW!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I don't see a HUGE difference with the MTX vs ATX debate while autocrossing. The key with auto crossing is once you get it in gear you really never change. Most times you will never leave 2nd gear.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
i autox my 6 and im atx. same with my roomate...the only thing matters is getting into your 2nd gear as soon as possible (dependent on the course, obvious)

i really don't find it to be that much of an issue, but then again, i've only got 4 gears to work with, so its a bit easy for me to say that.

see?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Just don't put it in D whatever you do. Not only will your time be crazy slow, but its incredibly dangerous if the transmission shifts at the wrong time.
[/b]
Simpsons quote:
'Put it in H'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Kincaid
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing