Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 06 6i has auto up/down on both front windows. it also has the feature where you hold down the unlock button on the remote and they roll down. currnetly the remote feature doesn't work, and the auto on the drivers window doesn't work though i can still manually move it, but the passenger side still works normal from the drivers switch set.
now i just installed some after market speakers in the front doors, so i'm going to assume there is some correlation between the two events. I painstakingly rechecked all the connections and everything is fine.
any thoughts?
I don't want to go in for warrenty because we all know exactly what they will say.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
did u disconnect the negative terminal of the battery when u install ur speakers?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Time to break out the owner's manual. There's a procedure to reset the auto-up/down if the battery is disconnected (for example). I can't remember exactly, but it's real simple - something like pull up on both front switches for X seconds with the ignition on or something like that.

Mine didn't work on delivery - a look through the manual cured my problem!

Later,

·
Registered
128 Posts
:D

here u go

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all!! the reprogramming thing worked perfect. What manual is that? i need one of those!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
thanks all!! the reprogramming thing worked perfect. What manual is that? i need one of those!!
[/b]
that should be the user manual isn't??

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is in my user manual. :D Glad we could help. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
after disconnecting my battery this weekend i ran into the same problem- and i already knew about reprogramming the windows. anyways, as soon as i noticed the auto-windows didn't function i got a knot in my stomach until i was able to stop & reprogram; then i was able to breath a sigh of relief.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
mk706
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing