Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
there are a handful of automatic tranny turbo owners here, and only 1, maybe 2(?) manual turbo owners. the power increase is significant, but you should really get a stronger transmission if you plan on running any sort of extended, high boost situations such as 7lbs on up. 3-5lbs might actually be doable and not completely destroy the car if you're conscious of your driving.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
lol

...and i'll add this clip too (which can be found on 2 other threads). at the point in the vid it is HiBoost turbo, stock engine and auto trans, Lentech valvebodies...and race rubber to make nice smoke.

·
Registered
232 Posts
lol
...and i'll add this clip too (which can be found on 2 other threads). at the point in the vid it is HiBoost turbo, stock engine and auto trans, Lentech valvebodies...and race rubber to make nice smoke.

[/b]
score one for the ATX's...:drive:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. Tea is that your car. is your car auto or manual. did you have to do something to the trany when you putted turbo what kind of work did you do to your trany?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
...sometimes i am

i just powerbrake, then use the ebrake for smokey ones. you can see my rear wheels dragging along in some of the videos around.

Lentech sells anything you want to make the 4spd tranny stronger. 5spd, your on your own, or the guys at Level10 can most likely make you something if you want it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
im a stock 4cyl auto. is there anyway i can make smoke besides a weak nuetral drop. wat did u do put the ebrake on and floor it or wat.

B

·
0 Posts
im a stock 4cyl auto. is there anyway i can make smoke besides a weak nuetral drop. wat did u do put the ebrake on and floor it or wat.[/b]
If you wanna do smokey burnouts all you have to do is put some sort of lubricant on your tires and/or poor some on the road and park the front tires in the puddle. Tractor gear lube or wd40 work pretty well. I havent tried this with my 6 but I've done it plenty with other cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts