Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed an auto start in my 03 Mazda 6. I was told that the OEM alarm system would work the same as before. But it does not work, when I hit the panic button the taillights flash like they used to, but the horn does not honk. Was I lied to about this still working or do I need to take it back and have them finish the job they started?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you installed the RS yourself? probably missed a wire or two.

you need to wire your RS into the factory alarm, using a relay & the factory alarm disarm wire. this will disarm/re-arm the alarm with the RS.

if it was done by a professional shop take it back & have them fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it back to the place it was installed and they said they do not usually hook up the horn because most people do not like it because it goes off when it is in there pocket (then why would they want an aftermarket alarm installed). I am upset because they did not ask me about any of these options? Also is it normal for an AM auto start with a range of 800 ft to not work when you are inside a brick building even with windows? I am very dissapointed because it does not work half the time I want it to. Would an upgrade to FM with a range of 3000 ft. work in a brick building? :swearin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts