Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the feature list on mazdausa.com and I saw it has auto-off headlights. Can someone explain to me what this feature does? Is it like the auto headlight control on the Camry that turns on and off the headlight depending on the light outside? I know someone who has a Camry and that feature is quite useful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Auto-off headlights'

yeah, it auto shut-of the headllight if you forgot to turn it off. Really usefull for me, since sometime I forgot to turn of my Millenia's headlight. On most other cars, the battery would've been drained and you would have to call AAA or have someone jump start the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Its sounds like the same idiot-proofing as on our Accord. I wish I had the same on my Contour. The bell that tells you the lights are on when you take the key quit working and I've left the lights on 3 or 4 times and needed to jump start the car.

G

·

Auto-off headlights are not a big deal!

Auto-up window is!
:)

·
Registered
837 Posts

Yeah and the NA 6 version will not come with it. Definitely a thumb down especially when their competitor has them (both Altima and Accord).

I was truly disappointed when I heard of this. I was trying to sell this car on the Honda forum because it had auto up with the JDM and Euro version. Beancounters got to it before it even checked the competitor and did polling to see if people would pay a bit more to get it.

I bet Mazda will offer it the next version (year after). Which would even pissed me off even more because I have to buy a car now and can't wait another year for the idiot at the beancounter department to realize it would not cost much more to offer the auto up windows. The NA version is made/assembled here but I am sure lots of parts comes from all over the world. Why would NA Mazda not order the same auto down/up parts from the same place where the rest of the car uses. Would this not make it cheaper in the long run since bulk order are involved? Plus one simple design instead of multiple. Makes no sense to me.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Probably it cuts off a few cents on production costs, that's why they do this. There are plenty small (sometimes annoying) little things they save on. And it's different on all markets.

In Sweden we get the ridiculously sized no-good stupid MF of a spare wheel called "emergency spare wheel". I assume that name is because if you ever get to use it, you're most likely to end up having an emergency. As if getting a flat wasn't enough in the first place...:sarc

Here they also stripped the rear plastic protectors that are meant to stop stones flying from the rear wheels and removing the car's ass from paint... I had to pay extra to get those (but, sorry, it didn't come with an english dictionary so I don't find the correct name for them).

Rear view mirrors, remotes, carpets, rims etc. are other things. Not to mention TCS, DSC, ABS, EBD and all the other goodies.

The idea is to remove effects of local taxation to end up at fairly the same price position in all markets, relative to the competition. Same price cue, slightly different products.

And in the process, they manage to piss us off...

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

In Sweden we get the ridiculously sized no-good stupid MF of a spare wheel called "emergency spare wheel". I assume that name is because if you ever get to use it, you're most likely to end up having an emergency. As if getting a flat wasn't enough in the first place...:sarc  

Here they also stripped the rear plastic protectors that are meant to stop stones flying from the rear wheels and removing the car's ass from paint... I had to pay extra to get those (but, sorry, it didn't come with an english dictionary so I don't find the correct name for them).

And in the process, they manage to piss us off...[/b]
Same here. The protective plastic behind the wheel comes behind the front wheels, but not behind the back ones - right? That's how it was on mine, if I remember correctly. Since the sides are more in danger that makes some sence.

The spare is definately same size here, pathetic one... And its the same on all cars. It is like "Max. 80 km/h" and as short distance as possible, just till you get the real wheel fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.