Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I miss from my old Dodge is the fact that when the car got going about 15mph, the doors locked automatically. It was a very nice convenience.

Is anyone aware of a way to get the 6 to auto-lock & possibly un-lock with the ignintion or when the tranny goes out/in to park?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Reading Topic: Auto-locking

Ruefus this is one of my dislikes. In my old car I would get in start the car put it in gear and the doors locked. When I got to where I was going put the car in park and turn the key and the doors unlocked. I don't think there is a way to do this other then adding an aftermarket alarm.

Sucks

·
Registered
541 Posts

My mom's van locks the doors when you start moving. It's a nice feature. But what I hate is that the doors unlock when you put it in park. There have been quite a few times when I parked the car to wait for someone I dropped off in a store, and the doors unlocked. It's not the best in shitty neighborhoods.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Auto-locking'

Originally posted by Blackbird
Are you affraid to fall out of the car or something?[/b]
Really, I just liked it in the old car. One less thing to think about.

From a safety perspective and with the amount of driving I do and some of the areas I end up in my travels, it's a safety feature so some nutjob doesn't hitch a ride because I forgot to look the stupid door.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by PSU F4i

My mom's van locks the doors when you start moving.  It's a nice feature.  But what I hate is that the doors unlock when you put it in park.  There have been quite a few times when I parked the car to wait for someone I dropped off in a store, and the doors unlocked.  It's not the best in shitty neighborhoods.[/b]
There are places in the Baltimore/DC area where having your doors unlock when you put the car in park would actually be a danger to yourself and your passengers. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts

This is something I really miss as well. Both my '97 Sebring Conv. and '00 Bimmer lock around 10-15 mph. They don't automatically unlock. I wouldn't want that. It's all controlled by the computer, so if everyone interested lets Mazda know we're interested, they can do it easily enough with a quick code change. With BMWs, it is something that the dealer can turn on/off according to the owner's wants. We're all unique, otherwise, cars wouldn't have options - they'd all be the same, and we'd be happy.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I have the factory alarm installed on my 6 and when you turn the ignition, the doors automatically lock.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by mikey101

I have the factory alarm installed on my 6 and when you turn the ignition, the doors automatically lock.[/b]
Where are you located? North America, Europe? Australia?

·
Registered
73 Posts

Originally posted by Ruefus

Originally posted by mikey101

I have the factory alarm installed on my 6 and when you turn the ignition, the doors automatically lock.[/b]
Where are you located? North America, Europe? Australia?[/b][/quote]

I second this question? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts