Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hav eth ecar lock automatically after I walk away from it, using the advanced key, but it says that the dealer has to program that. has anyone done this on their own or have had the dealer do it and you found out through them? I live 35 minutes from the dealer and would like to do this myself if possible.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I would like to hav eth ecar lock automatically after I walk away from it, using the advanced key, but it says that the dealer has to program that. has anyone done this on their own or have had the dealer do it and you found out through them? I live 35 minutes from the dealer and would like to do this myself if possible.
[/b]
I really don't think so. They need to hook up a computer to it. Btw it's free to program.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i keep forgetting to wait to see if my car auto locks when i get out. i don't think it does, though, cause i think i remember getting mad at myself for not locking the doors.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i keep forgetting to wait to see if my car auto locks when i get out. i don't think it does, though, cause i think i remember getting mad at myself for not locking the doors.
[/b]
I just had this done at the dealer today. You will hear 1 chrip when you get about 5 feet from the car. A few seconds later a second chirp and the doors lock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just had my 8K service the other day. They did the flash for me and added the auto-lock feature. I've only had it active for 2 days now, but already I love it. Get out, walk away, car locks on its own. Beautiful. Call me lazy, but I'm hooked. LOL

R

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is a short email exchange I had with autoenginuity sales a while back. Maybe if we began expressing interest in support for the speed6 we would be able to make sure we wouldn't be overlooked in the bi-directional controls.

Hi,

I'm a hobbyist and am strongly considering your product. I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 and have a question regarding your advanced interfaces bi-directional support. The Mazdaspeed6's dealer computer system has the ability to enable/disable the seat belt chime as well as the auto-locking features of the keyless entry system. Are there any plans to incorporate this functionality into the bi-directional support of the advanced interface for Mazda vehicles?

----------------------------------------

Sorry, our current version does not support bi-directional controls on the Mazda lineup. We are working to correct this by the fall.
[/b]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just had my 8K service the other day. They did the flash for me and added the auto-lock feature. I've only had it active for 2 days now, but already I love it. Get out, walk away, car locks on its own. Beautiful. Call me lazy, but I'm hooked. LOL
[/b]
It is a great feature but be careful and always listen for the 'beeps' & corresponding 'lock' as it does not work every time. :nono:

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is a great feature but be careful and always listen for the 'beeps' & corresponding 'lock' as it does not work every time. :nono:
[/b]
I noticed this a few times already, and was going to post on my findings but you beat me to this comment.

I have watched when it doesn't lock automatically and have discovered that the auto-lock feature only works as long as no doors are opened after the driver's door has closed. For example, if you get out of the driver's seat closing your door behind you, you will hear a single beep immediately. You then open your back door to take out your bag after the first beep has been heard. You close the back door and walk away from your car expecting to hear a second beep as the doors lock. This does not happen....no matter how long you wait. You have to manually lock the door with the remote, the command button, or by opening and closing the driver's door again.

However, if you get out, leaving the driver's door open and then open the rear door (to get your bag etc.) being sure to close it before you close the driver's door, the auto-lock feature will operate as expected.

I have tested this repeatedly to see what was causing this issue. I would implore other memebers to try this as well so that this can be verified. Also, if anybody can come up with any other peculiarities of the auto-lock feature that would be great.

R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
RainmanMSP/6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing