Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the American Mazdaspeed6 have the auto lights on off feature? I have just had it fitted to my MPS here in Australia. Just wondering if this would be a new feature for you guys as well etc.

·
Registered
361 Posts
No, we don't have auto lights. I personally would not want them on my car. If it was auto for the marker lights, I would think about it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Mine does.

I leave the lights switched on, turn the car off and the lights turn off in about 10 seconds or so, maybe longer.

When you start the car they turn on, IF you leave them switched to the on position.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to have Auto Light On feature on the Altima SE. I didn't mind it. But with the MS6's Xenon headlight, i wouldn't want it. Cos i can extend/preserve the life span of it when i don't need them turn on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Altima has auto lights that come on and off depending on ambient lighting. I miss that in the MS6 but we have mandated daytime running lights in Canada so at least your visible from a distance no matter what.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you always leave the lights switched ON, they automatically turn on when you turn the ignition to ON, and they automatically turn off after a few seconds if you turn the ignition to OFF.

The lights don't automatically turn on/off according to ambient light or time of day, though.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The lights don't automatically turn on/off according to ambient light or time of day, though.
[/b]
The Australian one does in this regards.

I am still thinking about this addon but for the small price of 120AUD, it isn't too bad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As soon as mine sense that there is not enough light they turn on, and the same for going off. There is about a 20sec delay before they turn on, so if you enter a underground parking lot they take a few seconds, but don't turn on going under a bridge etc. Same for turning off. I have also set mine to stay on for 30sec after I turn the ignition off, this is a really cool feature as you can see what you are doing etc. Sort of like a turbo timer, but for your lights :).

This kit is available and is a GENUINE Mazda accessory for the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6. I have mine in my MPS ( MazdaSpeed6 ). The only confusing part is that you leave the lights in the OFF position and they just do their thing, or you can turn them on manually etc and bypass the system. To change settings you use a series of ignition clicks and light stalk clicks.

Personally I love them and think they are a great feature.

Edit: Cost me $157AUD ( approx $117 USD ) fitted by my mazda dealer.

·
Registered
829 Posts
As soon as mine sense that there is not enough light they turn on, and the same for going off. There is about a 20sec delay before they turn on, so if you enter a underground parking lot they take a few seconds, but don't turn on going under a bridge etc. Same for turning off. I have also set mine to stay on for 30sec after I turn the ignition off, this is a really cool feature as you can see what you are doing etc. Sort of like a turbo timer, but for your lights :).

This kit is available and is a GENUINE Mazda accessory for the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6. I have mine in my MPS ( MazdaSpeed6 ). The only confusing part is that you leave the lights in the OFF position and they just do their thing, or you can turn them on manually etc and bypass the system. To change settings you use a series of ignition clicks and light stalk clicks.

Personally I love them and think they are a great feature.

Edit: Cost me $157AUD ( approx $117 USD ) fitted by my mazda dealer.
[/b]
Man, that's really cheap.

A side note - I still don't get why we have a light sensor in the MS6. <shrug>

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man, that's really cheap.

A side note - I still don't get why we have a light sensor in the MS6. <shrug>
[/b]
The light sensor is actually there to provide an input for the automatic climatic control - or so they say. I suppose it is to know how to adjust for intense sunlight versus shade/cloud.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone in NA tried to acquire this part or install it into an MS6? I would definitely be interested in doing this. Is there any reason to assume that if it works in an MPS that it shouldnt work in an MS6?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Mine does.

I leave the lights switched on, turn the car off and the lights turn off in about 10 seconds or so, maybe longer.

When you start the car they turn on, IF you leave them switched to the on position.
[/b]
That's not really an 'auto on/off' feature. It's more of a 'hey dumbass, you left your lights on. I'll turn them off so you can start me up next time you come out instead of having a dead battery."

I used this 'feature' for awhile, but the buzzing of the alarm telling me the lights were still on got very old.

Jason

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That's not really an 'auto on/off' feature. It's more of a 'hey dumbass, you left your lights on. I'll turn them off so you can start me up next time you come out instead of having a dead battery."
I used this 'feature' for awhile, but the buzzing of the alarm telling me the lights were still on got very old.

Jason
[/b]

I can handle the 2 seconds it takes for me to close the door.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Any pics yet? I want to see what the sensor looks like.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Auto lights are the bomb... Anyone who dont want them is nutty...

My old tbird had them. They auto on when it gets dark. They auto off at a set time limit that you chose. They auto off if the car goes off with out a annoying buzer. Heck it even had auto bright lights.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
22 Participants
Scott4083
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing