Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week I got my Ae bumper back from paint. And I got it installed. I have to say installation was a breeze. The most time consuming part was cutting out the mesh to fit in the bumper. Alot of the clips and the top radiator cover and bracket fits onto the bumper. the fit and finish of the bumper is perfect no gaps on either side and it lines up to the fender and headlights. I just snapped some cell phone pics, i have been too busy to get some better ones. I still need to install the foglights, once my fog switch comes in.

One a side note, I hit a possom on the hwy at 80mph, the day after I installed the bumper, and the bumper took it like a champ with no damage, quality product! I will post up install photos in a few days.. looking into the M'z Custom rear bumper cap for the sides, and trying to see what can be done for the side skirts.

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Grill is amazing and I want it so bad. The fenders on the side flare out a little too rigid for my tastes but it's still a nice look.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looking good Joseph! I did some research and found out that AutoEXE does actually make a bumper for my car but I'd need to get it widened.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Wow that looks amazing. Everyone saying it looks too aggressive or off, I think if they saw it with the matching sideskirts and rear, theyd change their minds.

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,644 Posts
Wow that looks amazing. Everyone saying it looks too aggressive or off, I think if they saw it with the matching sideskirts and rear, theyd change their minds.
This.

I'd also like to see the whole package first.

And we're moving this to a more appropriate location... :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
At first the squared edges for the fog lights and led bar, bothered me but it grew on me over the weekend.
Yeah, like becoming a wine affectionado, yet wine still tastes like crap compared to coke or a milkshake.

The grill and lower inlet are good but they went off the deep end on the corners. I think to make it work you're going to have to go with the whole kit which may ruin the clean lines the wheels give to the car.

At least you can always put the stock bumper back on and try something else when it is available.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem is that there is no matching sides or rear from AE. But i think the M'z custom rear bumper caps will help I'm the rear. But i am still putting a plan together for the sideskirts. The RE AMEMIYA sides are too much for me now. And the m'z custom ones I don't like.
caps will help I'm the rear. But i am still putting a plan together for the sideskirts. The RE AMEMIYA sides are too much for me now. And the m'z custom ones I don't like.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, like becoming a wine affectionado, yet wine still tastes like crap compared to coke or a milkshake.

The grill and lower inlet are good but they went off the deep end on the corners. I think to make it work you're going to have to go with the whole kit which may ruin the clean lines the wheels give to the car.

At least you can always put the stock bumper back on and try something else when it is available.
Naw it stays.. i have a vision of the sides and rear coming together and drawing attention from the front. But i really really love the look of it, when I walk up on it, I love the new face . But the fact that the oem bumper is so well designed makes it took some time to get used to.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The amber is the side reflector for the front end of the car. If you remove it you should replace it with something that is still reflective for safety purposes.

There is a little black plastic piece backing up the amber, perhaps if there was a silver reflector type vinyl wrap or something you could adhere it to that in place of the amber...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Going to pick up the foglights today! Hopefully tomorrow I can go get sized up to get sideskirts made. i am thinking of opening the lights and blacking out some parts of the housings, and removing the amber...

Interested in how that goes. I was gonna do it with mine, but lost interest in working on the 6 *shrug*. Doesn't hurt that that's about the time I started replacing the top end on the formula, lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts