Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's probably going to seem really trivial for the most part but...does anyone out there know how to change the readout on the Homelink Mirror? When you first turn on the mirror all lights light up....indicating it can show temp, numerical degrees, and direction (N, S, E, W, etc). However the mirror is currently in a mode that only shows direction. I would like to change the mode to scroll between interior temp and numerical degrees. I checked the owners' manual, didn't mention how to change the mode.
I held down the directional button with all the arrows for about 3 seconds, after holding it down, the display lit up and allowed me to scroll between 1 and 10, however after selecting a number, it didn't do anything else. Next I tried holding it down for 10 seconds, the display then showed a C and that was it. I am thinkig the 1-10 was the 10 possible modes for the mirror, but I'm not sure how to select the mode I want.
I also looked around at aftermarket offerings of the Homelink Mirror, they all advertised that it can show temp, and degrees as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Reading Topic: Auto Dimming Mirror w/Homelink

I find the same thing, though I personally don't feel the need to change anything on it.

Just wanted to confirm that what you are experiencing is what I have too; but to me it is of no concern personally so I have not pursued it. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
319 Posts

Who makes the Mirror? I would imagine GENTEX corporation likely does. I know they make most of those self dimming mirrors. If it is indeed gentex, perhaps give them a call, see if they can help.

M

·
0 Posts

Please excuse my ignorance here, but I've been wondering what the 'Homelink' part of the mirror is? Of course, I understand the auto-dimming, which also has the compass, but I don't know what the Homelink does. From reading above, it looks as though it shows interior temp. Is that it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Auto Dimming Mirror w/Homelink'

Homelink is for automatic garage door openers - you can program a button to conveniently open your garage door - no need to have an extra transmitter in the car. I think it can be programmed for security systems as well, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

So Steve, if you are saying you could be wrong in saying someone is not wrong, should we believe you?

·
Registered
15 Posts

hey, what happened to my reply? I post a reply and then it's deleted? What is up with that?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

So Steve, if you are saying you could be wrong in saying someone is not wrong, should we believe you?[/b]
LOL. The "I" was supposed to be "It"... Damn words... :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Vintalage

hey, what happened to my reply?  I post a reply and then it's deleted?  What is up with that?[/b]
Well, are you sure about that?

Noone deletes posts unless you made a really bad one. (Like saying that Fiat is better than Mazda... ;) )

Anyway - are you sure you just didn't do what I do sometimes - write a post and then hit the "back" button instead of "post" or -if you used the quick reply - hit the "add reply" button instead of the "submit" button?

I've done that a few times myself... :)

M

·
0 Posts

Thanks, CzechMate. That's a cool feature I would be interested in - if they get the wagon in the states soon enough!

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Here is how the homelink mirror was explained to me...

It will ONLY show direction not temperature. The 1-10 modes that you scrolled through are the 10 different areas so that the compass can re calibrate itself. If you are leaving on a long trip that will take you out of your 'home compass zone' then you will see a C in the display. Hold down the mode button for 3 seconds and it will allow you to change it to the correct zone that you are now in.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Originally posted by Vintalage

hey, what happened to my reply?  I post a reply and then it's deleted?  What is up with that?[/b]
Well, are you sure about that?

Noone deletes posts unless you made a really bad one. (Like saying that Fiat is better than Mazda... ;) )

Anyway - are you sure you just didn't do what I do sometimes - write a post and then hit the "back" button instead of "post" or -if you used the quick reply - hit the "add reply" button instead of the "submit" button?

I've done that a few times myself... :)[/b][/quote]

Hmmm, that may have just happened. Maybe I didn't do something right. But I remember seeing the post go through.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Posted in the wrong thread? That has happened before... :)

As I said: we don't delete posts unless they are offensive in any way. Or illegal. Or plain stupid... Nah, if they're stupid we leave them for everyone to see... :)

Try posting again! :D

·
Registered
747 Posts
Digging up an old thread - but this one already answers some of the followups that would have come from starting a new one.

I also asked here but got no reply:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=14205

I don't have the homelink, but the autodim/compass mirror. It was not factory installed, but ordered the Mazda part from the dealer and had them install it. It worked fine for the first year, but the last month or so it's been saying "CAL" (and always "N") but I didn't mess with it because I couldn't find the instructions. I finally dug them out of the box, and while I can make the "CAL" turn on and off by holding the left button, I can't fix the compass to start giving accurate (or even different directions) again. The instructions basically say

- Press the button until CAL shows
- Drive around slowly in a circle until CAL goes away

My CAL won't go away by itself, I can only turn it off by holding the button but I always just get one constant direction displayed. I was turning it on and off and circling (both ways) until I was dizzy, to no avail.

I'm going to have the dealer look at it (it's probably now out of warranty since it wasn't factory installed :swearin: ) but just wondering if anyone else has any ideas or experience with this. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts