Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had the "auto-dimming mirror" option and could answer a question for me. I know that GenTex makes sauto-dimming ide-mirrors, but I don't know if they are availible on the six. My local dealer is clueless. If you can get these on the 6, I think it would be well worth the price of the option, but not if there is only the rear-view mirror...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Auto-dimmer mirrors

The 6 in Canada comes with auto-dimming rearview mirror only with the GT package. In the States, I think it is an option. However, it is only the rearview mirror and not the side mirrors as well. It would be nice to have it for the side mirrors too but that is only available in most high end luxury brand.

Meat6, auto-dimming mirrors actually uses electricity to darken the mirror to decrease glare. It is pretty amazing when you see it work. I just don't have any link to describe how it works. Does anyone know a link for this?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Auto-dimmer mirrors'

Originally posted by hieppo

The 6 in Canada comes with auto-dimming rearview mirror only with the GT package.  In the States, I think it is an option.  However, it is only the rearview mirror and not the side mirrors as well.  It would be nice to have it for the side mirrors too but that is only available in most high end luxury brand.

Meat6, auto-dimming mirrors actually uses electricity to darken the mirror to decrease glare.  It is pretty amazing when you see it work.  I just don't have any link to describe how it works.  Does anyone know a link for this?[/b]
Sorry hieppo for late reply.....I was aware of the rearview mirror but not for the side. I loved it in my Chevy truck but in my haste to buy the 6, I overlooked the fact that the 6 I bought did not have it. :( Easy add on for this summer I guess. Thanks hieppo

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

[gripe]
Of all the vehicles to have dimming mirrors.. why would they need them on a truck? I usually gripe about this because it's usually a trucks headlights that are blinding me in MY side mirror so I don't get why a truck would need them due to the ride height. Oh well...
[/gripe]

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Auto-dimmer mirrors'

If you think that truck healights are blinding in your car, try driving my mother's Jaguar XJS. The thing rides about 1/2" off the ground, even car headlights shine right in your morrors. :D

·
Registered
837 Posts

The Jag probably have bad light alignment. It possible it is aim too high or you have permanent high-beam on. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts

Ooops my bad. If that is bad, how about all those rice car that slams their car down to kiss the pavement.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ricers should just buy Jaguars and get some respect, instead of dropping all that money on mods and looking like a moron...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts