Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
This may be what you are looking for.
0000-8C-H73 - Mirror
0000-8F-H75 - Installation Kit
Neither of these things work for 2018+. For the mirror you need to find one with the long neck mount or it will not clear the mirror cover. The installation kit also does not work anymore as the plug has changed. You can tap into the harness at the a pillar but I just ran a wire to the fuse box since I did not want to cut into it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This was what I was worried about. I'm hoping not to splice wires either. Do you happen to know which model has the long mount or how to differentiate them?
They use the same model number for some reason. But for one that came from any 2014+ Mazda GT with the Smart City Sensor like the one above. Or a recent Toyota with Safety Sense.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is what the dealer listed for the application. It sounds like you ordered these numbers and they did not work however. Do you have the correct part numbers?
I understood it to attach to the neck already mounted to the car.
I had all the parts previously for the previous years and nothing worked. I did find the guide for the refreshed CX-5 which I assume would be similar to the 2018+ 6. That part number is 0000 8C R07. The wiring could be the same or different but I did not check since I would not be using those. https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/0000-8C-R06.pdf

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did the mirror you installed come with the harness for the mirror itself? If not, what did you use? It mounts up fine but I have no plug for it currently .
Follow the guide here for the CX-5. DO NOT FOLLOW WHERE TO SPLICE IN TO THE A PILLAR HARNESS BEFORE CHECKING AS IT MAY DIFFER WITH THE 6: https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/0000-8C-R06.pdf

The part number from the guide above for just the harness is: 0000-8C-R07

My mirror came with a harness that I just soldered and extended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.