Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,403 Posts
I'm sorry if this has been covered, I drive a 2018 Touring, I'm looking to add the auto-dimming homelink mirror as my previous car had both of those features and I miss them. I found a little info scrounging around, a lot on mostly older generations. Can anyone point me to exactly what is needed to do the install? I've seen issues such as the wire harness being incorrect, needing replacement clips for the A pillar, and certain models of mirror not fitting so I want to make sure I am getting the correct stuff. Basically what mirror, harness, etc is needed?

Of course if there is a how-to that I'm missing that would be great too. I'm not a newbie to modding and working on cars, I just am a Mazda newbie :)

Appreciate the help in advance!
This may be what you are looking for.
0000-8C-H73 - Mirror
0000-8F-H75 - Installation Kit

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,403 Posts
My 06 apparently had this installed at the dealer cause when i took it out, it was obvs spliced in. It also answered why it stopped working before the car quit running.

You might be able to get the mirror cheaper if you look for a used one.
@RCA1186 The above suggestion by Talon is a great one. This mirror is basically standard globally. If you have a Nissan, Honda, Mazda, whatever it will have the same basic mirror. There are some variations such as openers and framed or frame-less and compass but they are all produced by a company that hold a monopoly on the tech.
Grab a clean mirror from salvage and buy the installation kit.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,403 Posts
Neither of these things work for 2018+. For the mirror you need to find one with the long neck mount or it will not clear the mirror cover. The installation kit also does not work anymore as the plug has changed. You can tap into the harness at the a pillar but I just ran a wire to the fuse box since I did not want to cut into it.
It is what the dealer listed for the application. It sounds like you ordered these numbers and they did not work however. Do you have the correct part numbers?
I understood it to attach to the neck already mounted to the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.