Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 - Touring - Titanium Flash Mica
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been covered, I drive a 2018 Touring, I'm looking to add the auto-dimming homelink mirror as my previous car had both of those features and I miss them. I found a little info scrounging around, a lot on mostly older generations. Can anyone point me to exactly what is needed to do the install? I've seen issues such as the wire harness being incorrect, needing replacement clips for the A pillar, and certain models of mirror not fitting so I want to make sure I am getting the correct stuff. Basically what mirror, harness, etc is needed?

Of course if there is a how-to that I'm missing that would be great too. I'm not a newbie to modding and working on cars, I just am a Mazda newbie :)

Appreciate the help in advance!

·
Rally Racer
3,367 Posts
I'm sorry if this has been covered, I drive a 2018 Touring, I'm looking to add the auto-dimming homelink mirror as my previous car had both of those features and I miss them. I found a little info scrounging around, a lot on mostly older generations. Can anyone point me to exactly what is needed to do the install? I've seen issues such as the wire harness being incorrect, needing replacement clips for the A pillar, and certain models of mirror not fitting so I want to make sure I am getting the correct stuff. Basically what mirror, harness, etc is needed?

Of course if there is a how-to that I'm missing that would be great too. I'm not a newbie to modding and working on cars, I just am a Mazda newbie :)

Appreciate the help in advance!
This may be what you are looking for.
0000-8C-H73 - Mirror
0000-8F-H75 - Installation Kit

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
My 06 apparently had this installed at the dealer cause when i took it out, it was obvs spliced in. It also answered why it stopped working before the car quit running.

You might be able to get the mirror cheaper if you look for a used one.

·
Rally Racer
3,367 Posts
My 06 apparently had this installed at the dealer cause when i took it out, it was obvs spliced in. It also answered why it stopped working before the car quit running.

You might be able to get the mirror cheaper if you look for a used one.
@RCA1186 The above suggestion by Talon is a great one. This mirror is basically standard globally. If you have a Nissan, Honda, Mazda, whatever it will have the same basic mirror. There are some variations such as openers and framed or frame-less and compass but they are all produced by a company that hold a monopoly on the tech.
Grab a clean mirror from salvage and buy the installation kit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This may be what you are looking for.
0000-8C-H73 - Mirror
0000-8F-H75 - Installation Kit
Neither of these things work for 2018+. For the mirror you need to find one with the long neck mount or it will not clear the mirror cover. The installation kit also does not work anymore as the plug has changed. You can tap into the harness at the a pillar but I just ran a wire to the fuse box since I did not want to cut into it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neither of these things work for 2018+. For the mirror you need to find one with the long neck mount or it will not clear the mirror cover. The installation kit also does not work anymore as the plug has changed. You can tap into the harness at the a pillar but I just ran a wire to the fuse box since I did not want to cut into it.
This was what I was worried about. I'm hoping not to splice wires either. Do you happen to know which model has the long mount or how to differentiate them?

·
Registered
172 Posts
This was what I was worried about. I'm hoping not to splice wires either. Do you happen to know which model has the long mount or how to differentiate them?
They use the same model number for some reason. But for one that came from any 2014+ Mazda GT with the Smart City Sensor like the one above. Or a recent Toyota with Safety Sense.

·
Rally Racer
3,367 Posts
It is what the dealer listed for the application. It sounds like you ordered these numbers and they did not work however. Do you have the correct part numbers?
I understood it to attach to the neck already mounted to the car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It is what the dealer listed for the application. It sounds like you ordered these numbers and they did not work however. Do you have the correct part numbers?
I understood it to attach to the neck already mounted to the car.
I had all the parts previously for the previous years and nothing worked. I did find the guide for the refreshed CX-5 which I assume would be similar to the 2018+ 6. That part number is 0000 8C R07. The wiring could be the same or different but I did not check since I would not be using those. https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/0000-8C-R06.pdf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This should be from a GT, but i cant see the front emblem, 14 day returns.
2017 2018 MAZDA 3 REAR VIEW MIRROR OEM | eBay

This looks to be the correct mirror from pictures I'm finding of GTs, so thank you for that. Looking at the pictures of the "neck" of this one and the neck of my current mirror it looks like it may work from what I see. Now I'm just concerned about the wiring. It seems the wiring connection to the car is incorrect now, but would that kit plug into this mirror at least?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found a mirror on eBay for $57 shipped and ordered the install kit so we shall see. I will update with my problems or success after/during installation haha. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the mirror has arrived. It appears to be correct, I was able to remove the old one and mount it to the bracket without even removing the plastic trim surrounding it. Fits perfect and looks right at home.

Also, while I am on the subject...I could use some instruction on how to remove that trim. I can see it separates in the middle and can pull it apart slightly but can't get either piece off. I don't want to force it and break something so if there is a correct way to remove that can someone let me know?

Now on to the real problem. The install harness is incorrect. The mirror plug is completely different. Not sure what to do at this point. I am emailing the customer support at "mazdaswag" but will have to see what they say. If they cannot help, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Did the mirror you installed come with the harness for the mirror itself? If not, what did you use? It mounts up fine but I have no plug for it currently .

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
The camera surround just pops apart. The install kit would come with a long wire that runs down the A pillar to the fuse block. I can look at mine tomorrow and see if its something you can just plumb in yourself with some 18ga wire.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did the mirror you installed come with the harness for the mirror itself? If not, what did you use? It mounts up fine but I have no plug for it currently .
Follow the guide here for the CX-5. DO NOT FOLLOW WHERE TO SPLICE IN TO THE A PILLAR HARNESS BEFORE CHECKING AS IT MAY DIFFER WITH THE 6: https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/0000-8C-R06.pdf

The part number from the guide above for just the harness is: 0000-8C-R07

My mirror came with a harness that I just soldered and extended.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure I could figure how to wire it in without a kit, it's just that the mirror did not come with the connector to wire it in, this is what I'm working with

1 - 20 of 28 Posts