Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a manual climate control console right now in my 2008 Mazda 6, can I buy a replacement with auto control and just pop it in? Is it plug and play? Or is there more that needs to be done if I wanted to replace it than just buying one with auto controls and adding it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I doubt it's plug and play since you'll need sensors for the auto climate control to know when to turn up/down the fan & temperature. It's probably connected to the cabin temperature sensor and the outside temperature sensor.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's my understanding that you would have to replace quite a bit under the dash. It's just not worth the time and effort.

Besides, my auto climate control is sketchy anyway. Every once in awhile it spontaneously resets itself to 76°F.

It doesn't do it all the time and doesn't appear to be voltage related because it didn't happen at all when my battery died. Just every once in a long while, I'm cruising along, A/C at 60°F and the air coming out of the vents gets warmer. Press the Ambient/temp setting button to show the setting and it's at 76°F.:huh:<_<

I don't know why. I know the inside of my car is not getting to 60°. No way in hell it can make a 50° drop from outside temperature.

Rotate the temp knob back to 60° and wait until the next time it happens. There doesn't seem to be a commonality in the instances it happened. It's done it when it was 20° and it's done it when it was 110°. It's done it on the highway and it's done it in the city.

My mother in law's Hyundai XG randomly screws with the fan speed even if you try to not use the auto setting. But at least it leaves the temp alone.

I actually prefer manual HVAC controls. They do what they are supposed to do consistantly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts