Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any time I hit the auto option on the climate control the air flow goes straight to the feet area. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've tried all kinds of combinations and then hitting the auto button, but nothing changes.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Disconnect the battery and then try.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried it...still a no go

·
Registered
167 Posts
My observation is that pretty much whenever it is trying to heat the cabin it comes through the floor. i.e. set temp is like 4 or more degrees above ambient. Don't know if that's applying to you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
For heating that is normal. Heat rises so blowing heat out at the feet is best for heating the cabin. I always hate having hot air blowing in my face. Dries out my eyes. Always put heat coming out the floor.

Now if its like 90 out and trying to cool it doen to like 72 and blowing out at the feet... no idea then.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Yes, when you have the temp setting above the temp detected in the cabin, the default setting is to the floor. My Mazda 6 did this as well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makes sense...you think it would be in the owners manual though. That way some people (like me) wouldn't think it was out of the ordinary.

Thanx for the info everyone.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did you try to play with the temp setting on auto? If not try it in the sun and in the shade. I thought I had that problem (it looked like it was stuck on feet only) on my old millenia. Also it could be the sunlight sensor that we have on the dash. my2c

edit: never mind I see it it fixed now. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Generally when it is raising the temperature it will use the feet setting, if it is lowering the temp, it will use the vents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.