Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Australian Cars Part 2 !'

Why can't Ford make aggressive cars for their home market? That is the best looking Ford I have seen in a long time. The European Mondeo ST220 is nice, but this is gorgeous. I can't believe I like a Ford interior, but that is a VERY nice interior.

The profile is a little reminiscent of a Dodge Neon, but I really like the front end.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah, Shes a great Car !!!

Would have been my second choice of Vehicle after the Mazda6

The Ford Falcon has also won a few Car Awards in Australia This Year Alone !!

This new model is a huge improvement over the previous Model, which was REALLY UGLY !!

Quality is still a bit of an issue though............, Australian built vehicles are usually very Robust for our Crappy roads and conditions,

But they don't have the same Tactile feel as Many Japanese and European Cars......
But are getting better with each New Generation..!!!!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts

yeah actually looks pretty good and like you said its so strange that they sell one of their best cars overseas and not in their biggest market. Since when did US money get less greener?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

yeah actually looks pretty good and like you said its so strange that they sell one of their best cars overseas and not in their biggest market. Since when did US money get less greener?[/b]
Uummm, Interesting Comment !

However, the Ford Falcon has been a uniquely Australian Ford since the 1960's. Over this period of time the Car has constantly evolved to where it is today.
There have been a few exports to some Countries, mainly Asia and the Middle East, New Zealand. Etc. I think even some went to Mexico !!

I believe that Ford did have the Falcon as a Model in the US, possibly in the 1960's......

But as Customer demands have changed, US customers mainly seem to prefer large Front wheel drive sedans or SUV's and people Movers, stuff like that.....

I am aware that the "Enthusiastic" American Drivers do still like Rear-wheel drive vehicles, especially for Handling & performance reasons
IE BMW is very popular in US ..?

THe Large Rear Wheel drive sedan has always been a main staple of Australian Drivers !

only recently their popularity is Slightly Dwindling due to Higher Fuel prices, Competition from Oversea car companies & increasing popularity of SUV's , is there a pattern developing here !!

Also the Australian Market is quite small, and would take major upgrades to the Factories and Tooling to be able to export this vehicle to Major countries such as the US or even Europe.

There is always the Option that the Car could be Built Overseas or the US for example, but then you guys would claim the Car as your own !!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Heres a Pic of What the Falcon Used to Look like just a couple of Months Ago, Very Ugly.........!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Is this the Ford TS50 in the Need For Speed Hot Pursiut 2? THis exactly looks like that car, but it was called TS50.

Or TL50 don't remember :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

The Falcon was a US model, from the early to mid 1960's I believe. I had a friend that was restoring one. It was a 1963 I think and was a two door coupe.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Hmm... I had better memories of the AU Falcon. The BA is much nicer though. Ford is going to build and XR8 version, right?

I miss Oz. Been down there twice, each time for the World Solar Challenge, and stayed for about 2.5 months each time. Had a great time on each trip. If I could take enough time off of work I'd go again in a heart beat.

Mmmm.... ::thinking of what it would be like to take a '6 out on the Great Ocean Road::: :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

The Falcon was released both in the US and Australia in 1960. Same body. The family car I learned to drive on was a 4dr 1962 Falcon. 170c.i., straight 6, 110 hp. 2 speed automatic.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The Falcon was released both in the US and Australia in 1960. Same body. The family car I learned to drive on was a 4dr 1962 Falcon. 170c.i., straight 6, 110 hp. 2 speed automatic.[/b]
Thanks for that info LBJay, I thought that was the case.......

Heres another Pics Of Falcon Utility, XR8 Sports Version, previous Generation !!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

OMFG!!

WHY DOES THE AUSSIES GET AL THE COOL CARS!?! UHh!?

Now.. the bed might a little high compared to the hoodline,.. But what a car!!!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I'm glad you like it BlackBird !!! :D :D

Although that is the Sporty version, regular ones don't look so radical !!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I have to disagree...it looks like a coal shuffle painted blue...:D

Nah, it's pretty cool. But if you had that one here, your friends never would stop laughing at ya' .... :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts