Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, great to find this site- My red Luxury Sports 6 is being delivered in 2 weeks and I am as excited as hell. I have gone for the Mindisc option and also the Aussie version of the TV and DVD. It is not the dash mount version that I have seen in overseas pics, (did not meet Australian safety compliance) it is a roof mount TV that swings down from behind the sunroof, with a DVD player under the seat and two pairs of infrared headphones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Australia DVD with roof mount TV'

Hm...that's interesting. I didn't know this option would be different for you Australians. But I guess that means you guys have no nav system huh? Do these safety laws that you speak of affect other cars in the Australian market as well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

We are not seeing the nav system here, but it is available in other brands of cars. The only thing I can think of is that the pop-up location was deemed dangerous - all other systems are in-dash installations.

Not that it bothers me - I have a three year old and another child on the way, so I would rather have the roof mounted TV and DVD - I would have installed an after market system anyway (I work in the AV industry).

I know that you cannot have a TV functioning in any Australian cars if it is visible to the driver - most of the systems in BMWs etc won't work unless the park brake is on.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The roof mounted TV/DVD is actually a Clarion system. You can find it at your own country's www.clarion.xx (fill in whatever required).

It's a good solution, even though perhaps not as cool as the dash mounted one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm pretty sure it is a Eurovox - that's what the dealer said was printed on the bottom of the unit. I had a look at the clarion site and it looks similar, but is not the same

I much prefer this to a dash mount system - it's not for me - it's to entertain my son!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You may be right.

The dash mounted original doesn't allow for showing DVD movies. So...an aftermarket is a necessity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts