Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for other Mazda owners in Austin TX that like to go out to car shows and meets. I go to a lot of them and would love to go with other Mazda owners. Let me know if you are interested!

Johnny

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
That would be cool...time permitting. What's on the schedule?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be cool...time permitting. What's on the schedule?
[/b]
SAR is having Street & Grudge Racing this coming Wednesday and Friday. I would not mind going to run the cars :) The meet on 1431 and Parmer has moved to I35 and 79 (from what I'm told). That meet is on Saturday from about 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Would be nice to get a few of us together and go out.

Johnny

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
SAR is having Street & Grudge Racing this coming Wednesday and Friday. I would not mind going to run the cars :) The meet on 1431 and Parmer has moved to I35 and 79 (from what I'm told). That meet is on Saturday from about 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Would be nice to get a few of us together and go out.

Johnny
[/b]
What is SAR?
The meet moved to I35 and 79...who is holding the meet? What are the plans?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is SAR?
The meet moved to I35 and 79...who is holding the meet? What are the plans?
[/b]

SAR = San Antonio Raceway

Meet at 79 I believe is an informal meet where people around town with all different types of cars hang out. I have not been to the new location but the old location had a lot of people show up every Sat as long as there was no rain. This Saturday I plan to pass by and see if anything is going on if I'm not at SAR.

Johnny

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wouldn't mind heading to some of the local meets. Any other specifics about the I35/79 meeting location? Where did the 1431/Parmer meeting take place? HEB?

·
Registered
196 Posts
i passed by there on my way home last night. seemed like there was quite a bit of cars there. i believe its the same crowd that used to show up at vans on 183 before it got shut down too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other specifics about the I35/79 meeting location?
[/b]
I don't have any yet. I didn't get a chance to make it out this weekend but I will try next weekend. I'll let everyone what I find.

Where did the 1431/Parmer meeting take place? HEB?
[/b]
At the Home Depot. Everyone would park at the way back by the highway.

i passed by there on my way home last night. seemed like there was quite a bit of cars there. i believe its the same crowd that used to show up at vans on 183 before it got shut down too.
[/b]

Are you talking about 79?

Johnny

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, its in some empty parking lot at the end of a strip center. its right off 35 on 79.
[/b]
Cool!

I'd be willing to go out for a few hours... Anyone else game?

Johnny

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Sounds like it might be fun.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i might go to some in a few more months. still in physical therapy for my foot so i can't walk/stand to well but i can drive like a bat out of hell lol. i'll be doing mods slowly but surely to my 06' hatch soon. i'm just hoping i'm still the only bright island blue in austin at that point.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good. Anyone that wants to make this meet let me know. I'll be in a white 06 Speed6. Would be cool to see a few of us make it out!

Johnny

·
Registered
196 Posts
i might go to some in a few more months. still in physical therapy for my foot so i can't walk/stand to well but i can drive like a bat out of hell lol. i'll be doing mods slowly but surely to my 06' hatch soon. i'm just hoping i'm still the only bright island blue in austin at that point.
[/b]
didn't you say you were getting a system done in the tx roll call thing. it might have been someone else, but it got deleted. if it was you i wanted to ask where you were getting it done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to get a count on anyone that plans to make the meet at 79 this Saturday.

I'll be there around 6:00pm.

Johnny

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hard for me to get up to Georgetown, especially by 6pm.
[/b]
Totally understand. I will be there for a least an hour or so. I think the "party" ends about 9:00pm.

Johnny

1 - 20 of 48 Posts