Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting together w/ the local Mazda 3 guys at my place to do some installs if anybody is interested.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=46991.0

We're meeting first at William Cannon and I-35, in the Academy parking lot at 1PM.

Then we'll head over to austinhusker's place at William Cannon between Manchaca and S 1st.

List the mods/stuff you will do...

1) scismic 1) Another drain of ATX fluids
2) Oil change

2) boardumb 1) remove resonator (and install intake if I have one by then)
2) AWR engine mount
3) Throttle body bypass

3) austinhusker6 1) ATX Tranny cooler
2) Eibach Pro springs
3) Throttle body bypass (long as you guys are doing one mines exact same)
4) Hopefully have lower fogs ordered by then

I already talked to 6Venom about doing his springs too so I believe he is in on the 6 side.

Can have a guy there to do tint if anybody wants for $100. I think Axion was pleased w/ his work. I know mine came out great.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I would be there but were having my stepdaughters birthday party that day man..

As for the tint, it's pretty damn good and his guy does quick work, well worth the $100

·
Registered
19 Posts
How many from San Antonio are heading up to Austin??? would be cool to hook up down here and roll that way...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
How long are you in town for and where you at? I'd like to see that kit in person :)
[/b]

Lol. He's currently on his way, for those wondering.

And he doesnt have the kit on the car anymore. 1 month of driving 200 miles a weekend plus 60 miles a day for work = cracked kit.

He didn't think it was worth the hassle. I, however, LOVE :love: it.

But he'll be in town for the rest of this month. I'm flying out there the 29th, then the 30th is his grad. from class, then we'll be driving back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
it was a pretty good day... it was good meeting up with AustinHusker, 6venom and the 3 boys... there were some set backs, but think the headlight got fixed enough to be reinstalled and is working fine... the spring compressor breaking while trying to get the first spring off the front shock sucked as we weren't able to get the front dropped at all, but at least the process is known now... and big thanks to AZMZ6 for being a phone call away to answer questions and give guidance...

How long are you in town for and where you at? I'd like to see that kit in person :)
[/b]
as revenant said i'll be here till Jun 30th... and i'm staying over on Lackland AFB off of 90 and Military drive... i don't have the AutoExe bumper on the car anymore due to stress cracking from driving so much... but i actually like what i've done with the front end even better than that bumper... if you still want to meet up and check out the rides let me know and we'll work something out... i've been looking for someone around SA to meet up with...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What killroy said. Wasn't really a disaster. Who knew the spring compressor would break. Least I know everything to do if I just go get a new one. Should make it a fairly easy job then. Good to meet you killroy and some of the 3s I didn't already know. Thanks AZMZ6 for some long distance help.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
it was a pretty good day... it was good meeting up with AustinHusker, 6venom and the 3 boys... there were some set backs, but think the headlight got fixed enough to be reinstalled and is working fine... the spring compressor breaking while trying to get the first spring off the front shock sucked as we weren't able to get the front dropped at all, but at least the process is known now... and big thanks to AZMZ6 for being a phone call away to answer questions and give guidance...
as revenant said i'll be here till Jun 30th... and i'm staying over on Lackland AFB off of 90 and Military drive... i don't have the AutoExe bumper on the car anymore due to stress cracking from driving so much... but i actually like what i've done with the front end even better than that bumper... if you still want to meet up and check out the rides let me know and we'll work something out... i've been looking for someone around SA to meet up with...
[/b]

Go for it man, hopfully this week sometime would be cool. Im off work thursday this week for sure, other then that im not sure when ill have any free time. let me know what your plans are..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
Axion
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing