Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in Aust know if there is anywhere or way of changing the head and tail lights to black instead of the chrome?????
I've seen the japanese websites and u can get 'eye-lids' for the tail-lights
Anybody know if that is possbile in Aust.?????

·
Registered
793 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Aussie wanting to change lights'

i dont even know if its possible yet in the states

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Aussie wanting to change lights

so in America the tail lights come in red and everywhere else it is chrome? While in japan u can get almost any damn color lights?
is that correct?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

There are some pics floating around on the forum here with the black out head and tail lights. They actually look really nice on the 6. There are also the clear ones as well too..

Uno -- This is true.. The American model got the red tail lights while everywhere else has the clear or black taillights. These can be changed out fairly easily ( I hope); but it will cost you a couple hundred $$$ to do it.

·
Registered
461 Posts

ye hi, we have just brought a 6 too and i've been looking around for the black headlight housing as well. The dealer says they havent heard anything about it, but it'll probably come as a non-genuine part.

I have been to the Japanese Accessories webpage, and the housing will cost 140,000, which is approx. AU$2000. I know, it is a bit expensive for two pieces of plastic, but i'll wait and see how much it'll cost when and if it comes over as a genuine part.

keep me updated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts