Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, great to find this site- My red Luxury Sports 6 is being delivered in 2 weeks and I am as excited as hell. I have gone for the Mindisc option and also the Aussie version of the TV and DVD. It is not the dash mount version that I have seen in overseas pics, (did not meet Australian safety compliance) it is a roof mount TV that swings down from behind the sunroof, with a DVD player under the seat and two pairs of infrared headphones.

As soon as I have it I will take some pics and post them.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Aussie DVD and roof mount TV'

That's real cool. The new Accords have that as an available option as well. Is this option available through Mazda Australia or is it that your dealer contracts it out to a local customizer?

And welcome aboard :)

Alan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks AliAL,

it's a Mazda Australia option - just spoke to the dealer, they are finishing the car off today (but I wont be able to pick it up until the 20th) and asked him to tell me what brand it is. It is labelled Mazda, however is manufactured by Eurovox. Apparently it looks great.

I am having the sports grille fitted, with red registration plates with white writing (should look great on the red 6) with "MYRED-6"

Tell me...here in Aus, the sports grille is available in 6 colours but not red (dealer had to get it sprayed) is that the case elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I like your registration :)

Here in the States the sports grill isn't even available :(

I hope that before the release of the hatch they change their minds and give it to us.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Woa!

You are willing to spray a new colour on a newly treated coat from the factory. What I know is that paint done post-factory is never as good as the factory. You are risking paint irregularities and endurance may not be as good.

However, if you are really crazy about RED, I guess there is no other way about it if Mazda does not offer it in your area.

Enjoy your red while it is still new.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Those displays are quite widely available aftermarket. And you can have them mounted wherever and connected to whatever you want (DVD, TV, NAV, etc.). Especially useful if you have to calm down misbehaving kids like in this video (link supplied by Amish).

How much cash to spend on their peace of mind is, however, for everyone to decide by themselves. The ultimate multimedia setup would seemingly need at least three displays.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hieppo, the spraying of the grill red doesn't worry me - I disagree about after market spray jobs not being as good as the factory - it depends who does it and if they use traditional dulon or two-pack spray booth cured. (yes I know a little bit about panel beating and spray painting)

To be honest...if it fades or chips...I'll just respray it...no big deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Just Wondering Simon, How much do you pay the dealer for your new Mazda six in Aussie dolar? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm paying $46,530 Aussie dollars, on the road with 12 months registration. Mind you this is the luxury sports with all of the options including sports grill, DVD, TV, MD. In Australia, sunroof, rear spoiler, black leather trim are all standard in this model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts