Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am sorry to post on this subject again, but does someone have a full walkthrough with pictures to install a audiolink in a 2006 Mazda 6s with Bose. I'm more concerned with the dash and console removal and replacement because I am shyte with my hands and am considering spending 50$ to get it installed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've taken apart 04,05 & 06. the write-ups floating around are all applicable to all years. very easy install. should take my grandma <60min.

the only tools needed are: #2 phillips screwdriver, 10mm nutdriver/socket and patience.

follow the how-tos and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a related question :

When you remove the centre console and head unit, does the head unit become disconnected from the battery and therefore need the security code entering when you put everything back together again ?

I guess this kind of depends on whether it sits in a fixed cradle and needs to be physically removed from it or whether it's attached via a cable which is long enough for you to be able to plug in the Audiolink without disconnecting the head unit.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
at least on the US spec radios the HU does not need to be unlocked when disconnected.

to install the audiolink, you don't need to disconnect the radio though. there is ample room to maneuver & install the 16 pin connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts