Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG the install was easy, and I must say That for the manual transmission it was much more forgiving when removing the center console than it was on my 6i ATX. I didn't break anything this time around ^_^

It seems like with the MS6 the pieces just come out easy with no trouble, every part lubricated. BOSE sound is NOT IMPRESSIVE....for clarity it is decent, but when I want that Booming base that makes my neighbors come outside and say wtf...The bose system does not accomplish that. It seems i will need to add a small 10 inch sub for the sound I want.

But m anyways successful first mod and it took me less than an hour to complete I reccomend this, also a shot out to Donny at RPM thanks for fast prompt shipping at a Good price :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I just got a Nano so I was looking at picking up the same thing.

Was it easy getting to the back of the stereo, too?[/b]
Oh it's real easy!!!...all you have to do is reach behind and feel where the harness connects in the back, snap it in work the cord down and it's done.

Hardest part of the entire installation is putting the center console back in....That was a PITA
btw how is that rear spoiler issue goin for you?...you paying out the pocket to fix the damage or are you going through your insurance?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Good news! I'm prone to breaking things myself! :lol:

Still waiting on my uncle. I talked to him today but he's still waiting to hear from a manager at Progressive. Either way, deductible or not, it'll get fixed :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I'm looking at getting one myself, but not the Ipod one because I have a Sansa e270 6GB unit. It's good to hear it's an easy job.

I've also heard it's easy to add stuff to the Bose system since it has preouts for all the speakers?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It was very easy to install and im retarded. took me about 45 minutes. I rad the cable down the console along the center console up through my arm rest. I had to just snip out the plastic vent alittle in the arm rest box but was not a prob. So now i can just throw my ipod in the arm rest console when im not in the car and no one knows. I also wrapped the wiring in that rubber anti slip mat crap so that i wont hear any noise going through bumpy roads. I can prob take pics if you want. :D

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
It was very easy to install and im retarded. took me about 45 minutes. I rad the cable down the console along the center console up through my arm rest. I had to just snip out the plastic vent alittle in the arm rest box but was not a prob. So now i can just throw my ipod in the arm rest console when im not in the car and no one knows. I also wrapped the wiring in that rubber anti slip mat crap so that i wont hear any noise going through bumpy roads. I can prob take pics if you want. :D[/b]
Sounds easy to me...pics would be nice if you wouldn't mind. :)

Although, do you find it difficult to use a camera being retarded? ;)

(just kidding btw)

:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too just installed an AudioLink into my couple week old MS6. I went for the USB one since my DAP isn't an iPod. I ended up running the box into the cup holder since it had a hole large enough to run the wire through... I have one less cupholder but I think I'll be ok.

The unit itself seems to be working great. The first few times I turned my car on it didn't seem to detect the unit right away for some reason... took some power cycles of the stereo to get it to recognize it. It has since started working flawlessly everytime.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I am kind of confused about where the ipod stays during use. I understand that some people have it wired so that you can keep it in the armrest compartment when not in use. Does that mean you can't really hold it in your hand anywhere in the car while it is plugged in?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am kind of confused about where the ipod stays during use. I understand that some people have it wired so that you can keep it in the armrest compartment when not in use. Does that mean you can't really hold it in your hand anywhere in the car while it is plugged in?[/b]
No you can't....It's kinda trapped in the arm rest, unless you get an extender for the cord....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am kind of confused about where the ipod stays during use. I understand that some people have it wired so that you can keep it in the armrest compartment when not in use. Does that mean you can't really hold it in your hand anywhere in the car while it is plugged in?[/b]
My passenger can hold the iPod, or myself if I'm not driving. The cable extends out from the armrest a bit for me.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You would have to take it off the charger though...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just purchased the Audiolink from RPM and it's on it's way to my house :drool: . I hope the installation is as easy you guys make it sound. I still haven't decided where I should run the cables to, cupholder or armrest. I have an Archos AV500 that I use for listening to MP3s as well as watching videos. If I run the cables to the cupholders it would make viewing videos easier but I wouldn't be able to close the lid with AV500 still attached to the cable (it's about 3x5). Hmmm, decisions decisions.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I just purchased the Audiolink from RPM and it's on it's way to my house :drool: . I hope the installation is as easy you guys make it sound. I still haven't decided where I should run the cables to, cupholder or armrest. I have an Archos AV500 that I use for listening to MP3s as well as watching videos. If I run the cables to the cupholders it would make viewing videos easier but I wouldn't be able to close the lid with AV500 still attached to the cable (it's about 3x5). Hmmm, decisions decisions.[/b]

Obviously it won't stay like that. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to fabricate a frame for the screen with hinges attached to the top of the map pocket.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.