Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any one here know where to run an Audio/Video Cable from the Camera bhind the grill to the TV screens in the back seat? How can I get Wires threw to the inside of the vehicle from under the hood?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
There is a rubber grommet behind the bettery in the engine bay that comes out near the steering column inside the car.

But why would you want a FORWARD facing camera? Kinda pointless

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, its ether going behind the grill or under the bumper, not to help me park, just to see the road from the Car's view point, ya know, like a glass-bottom boat, but with a car

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not hoping to see that with my camera

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
well, its ether going behind the grill or under the bumper, not to help me park, just to see the road from the Car's view point, ya know, like a glass-bottom boat, but with a car
[/b]
Unless you are going to hook it up to a video recorder to record track days, that is a stupid idea...

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its just for effect, not to record, but just for fun, if you've ever seen a clip from a wide angle camera mounted just of the ground on the freeway its pretty cool, and its not like I spent any money on this

·
Registered
508 Posts
its just for effect, not to record, but just for fun, if you've ever seen a clip from a wide angle camera mounted just of the ground on the freeway its pretty cool, and its not like I spent any money on this
[/b]

Sounds cool I guess, no ones ever done anything like before, or at least no one I know :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I think that's kinda bitchin' for the backseat people. Kinda like the cameras they used to put on landing gear on airliners. Do it!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
sounds like a cool idea! run the wires through the firewall by the steering column like bears said. should work fine.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know about night, the camera I got for free has lights on it, but I'm not sure

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
[/b]
Shouldn't you be lokoing out of the windshield at the road while driving. Not over at a monitor?. And I may be wrong. But something tells me. The passengers in the back seat will get pretty damn bored with watching some fast paced concrete blur past on a little 7 inch screen.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well if the screens are in the back how am I gonna get distracted by them, there no sound to distract me ether, second, its not blurry at all, infact its very clear even at night, it also a night vission camera, and it does look pretty cool, I tried it out the other day through the sun roof, havent mounted it threw the grill yet

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts