Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the early stages of planning the upgrade of the base audio in my 6i, looking for better SQ and full range while spending as little $$$ and install time as possible. I've got a fairly simple install in my Saturn (head unit, coaxials, and a bazooka tube running off a punch 40i amp and separate active crossover).

Heres what I have in mind for the 6, ebay pricing listed:
-Infinity 6810cs components up front, $100
-Infinity 1050w 10" (or similar 10") in sealed box <1cuft, $120
-4 channel amp, under passenger seat, using front speaker inputs: Infinity 7541a, $160 or Kicker ZX350.4 $120
-8ga wiring kit, $50

Ideally, $500 or less total. The listed setup is about $400-450 shipped. I'd like to hear opinions and inputs on this.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was going to try and build you something under $500 but decided that its imposible using quality equipment.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like a great budget system to me. I'm not terribly font of Infinity speakers - the tweeters are quite harsh at high volumes.

Have you considered something like the Infinity Basslink with the add-on 4-channel amplifier? I was quite impressed with how the Basslink sounds. eBay prices put that combo setup around $350 shipped, so you'd have $150 to spend on some components. For a drop-in 6x8, the JL Audio XR components, to me anyways, have a smoother tweeter and punchier midbass than the Infinitys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts