Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one use the metra(spelling?) dash kit on their speed6. I have encountered a problem with it. my ac, rear heat, and in/out air vents keep flashing back and forth. My amb temp doesn't turn on anymore. The audio shop said they will call the company that makes the kit tomorrow. This really sucks. At least the bose system sounds better. Anyone want to buy the 6disc changer.

ALoha

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
don't worry, Metra says they're working on it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
don't worry, Metra says they're working on it!
[/b]
Yeah, they are working on it. They've bought some parts from us for R&D purposes but I have no idea what they've found out. Their plant is like 3 miles from our dealership.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah, they are working on it. They've bought some parts from us for R&D purposes but I have no idea what they've found out. Their plant is like 3 miles from our dealership.
[/b]
I was doing some testing for them too. They are trying to figure out how to interface the Metra to the upper display. They changed the wiring in the 06 models to where the display now intefaces directly into the radio's main wiring harness.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was doing some testing for them too. They are trying to figure out how to interface the Metra to the upper display. They changed the wiring in the 06 models to where the display now intefaces directly into the radio's main wiring harness.
[/b]
well just to give an update on the metra kit for the 2006 mazdaspeed 6 , here is a reply i got from them in email

Nothing yet for the 06' Mazda 6's that have electronic climate controls
like yours.
No kit for the upper part of the dash either, would be neat if it could
be done, but I do not believe there is enough space in that area.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Prolly way off the point but...When I decided that the Bose system would'nt cut it (4 days), I installed a CleanSweep® CL441-dsp.

I toyed with the idea of an aftermarket deck but decided against it. Sound quality is awesome!!!

Paired with new JL Audio speakers, Sony amps, and 2 12" Polk subs, it is more than I expected. Add the fact that the Nav-TV interface plugs right into it, I have the complete package with the "stock" look. (Minus the fact my trunk is half the size it was)

There is a seperate knob for the Cleansweep volume. But volume, mute, and the other steering wheel controls all still work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
dizzydevil, any pictures of this custom box? I'm trying to get ideas for my sub(s).
[/b]
I will snap some tonight or tomorrow (work willing), and post them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Prolly way off the point but...When I decided that the Bose system would'nt cut it (4 days), I installed a CleanSweep® CL441-dsp.

I toyed with the idea of an aftermarket deck but decided against it. Sound quality is awesome!!!

Paired with new JL Audio speakers, Sony amps, and 2 12" Polk subs, it is more than I expected. Add the fact that the Nav-TV interface plugs right into it, I have the complete package with the "stock" look. (Minus the fact my trunk is half the size it was)

There is a seperate knob for the Cleansweep volume. But volume, mute, and the other steering wheel controls all still work.
[/b]
using the volume messes up the settings so why would you use it.?
also where did you mount the knob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
ckdms6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing