Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get the audio link from RPM, but I'm not sure if I need to do the jumper mod on my car to get it to work. I read that it was only for the 04's with the Bose system which I hope is true b.c I don't want to tamper with the circuit board and soldering things.

Will this work with my 04 Non-Bose plug-n-play? And should I get the USB one since I'll be connecting a cable with the RCA's from the TV to the Audio Link Input with the 3.5mm stereo plug. Will this work? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you will probably need to solder. if you're only using it to input an audio signal, you can always go with the auxmod instead.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, the only problem is that there are no AuxMods in stock and no one is selling theirs.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
There's a 50/50 chance it will work without soldering. However, the only way to know is either to pull out the headunit to check the jumper or plug in the AudioLink to see if it works or not.

The soldering is quite simple, assuming you know the basics. Of the many customers who we have instructed to perform this modification, not one of them had a problem or damaged their headunit by doing so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts