Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just got my 2nd Mazda 6 Wagon. :love: It has the Bose system with CD-changer. Do someone know if I still can use the Audio Link USB MP3 Integration Kit ?

RPM's installation instruction says to plug it into the external CD changer port, located on the back of the head unit.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
yes. the AL plugs into the 16-pin connector on the OEM radio. i have the AL-USB connected to my bose 6-disc and it works great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. the AL plugs into the 16-pin connector on the OEM radio. i have the AL-USB connected to my bose 6-disc and it works great.
[/b]
Thanks! :) Than I will probably make the order. Have you placed the device in the glove compartment or ?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i have a xm roady in the upper map compartment & the AL in the glove box. i ditched the short cables that came with the AL and bought longer min-stereo & usb extention cables so that everything would reach. those two cables are each about 18" long; too short for my application. the mini-stereo plug must be removed before the mp3 will play. it's a little inconvient that only the stereo or usb may be plugged in at a time, but it's a small price to pay for compatability with the OEM HU.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for taking time....

I need to contact some car-audio garage in Oslo for getting this done...I have no experience at all.
Should not get that expensive..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
svein
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing