Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought my audio link from you guys at the beginning of the year from the very first batches (I am in the UK). Had to do the solder mod but other than that everything was smooth and my ipod has been playing nicely through the stereo for about 9 months or so.

The other day went to press the CD button (no cd in the drive) and nothing happens.

Are there any tricks that I can try before deciding the unit is faulty, or is this a sign of a dead unit?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. I have another brand iPod kit, and ocassionally the head unit refuses to recognize the iPod adapter. Disconnecting the (-) cable usually fixes the issue. This might work for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. I have another brand iPod kit, and ocassionally the head unit refuses to recognize the iPod adapter. Disconnecting the (-) cable usually fixes the issue. This might work for you.
[/b]
Thanks for the reply!

Any things I should be careful of before disconnecting the battery? I'm don't have much experience with such things.. I guess I should make sure I don't have a code on the radio (or know what it is!) - anything else that might catch me out?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Just don't touch the positive terminal (the red one that should have a cover over it) while you're messing with the negative one, and you'll be fine. Just unbolt it (10mm I think, been a while), pull it off the terminal, hold it there for maybe 5-10 seconds, then put it back on and tighten the bolt again (just tight enough that it starts to get difficult to turn, you do not want to strip that and it doesn't have to be that tight at all to stay on)

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Yes, and if that does not work, please let us know and we will replace the defective unit for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, and if that does not work, please let us know and we will replace the defective unit for you.
[/b]
Thanks for all the advice guys - doing a "reboot" of my car fixed the problem :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all the advice guys - doing a "reboot" of my car fixed the problem :)[/b]
Does anyone know why this happens. its kinda irritating. I would even consider installing a reset button if i knew where to put it.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Well, I don't know what causes it, but if you continue to have problems, we can have the unit replaced for you. Just contact us using the contact form on our website.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mine was doing this a few months back, so I updated itunes and then my ipod and everything has worked fine since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (o00o @ Nov 7 2006, 11:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=838532
Thanks for the reply!

Any things I should be careful of before disconnecting the battery? I'm don't have much experience with such things.. I guess I should make sure I don't have a code on the radio (or know what it is!) - anything else that might catch me out?[/b]

Just tried this with the positive cable and worked! Now ipod is detected just fine :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts