Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i installed the audio link the other day. and im running my ipod on it. it has great quality sound and love it....when it works that is...... so i was listening to my ipod as i was driving to work, got to work and shut off the car.. when i was done with my shift i wanted to listen to my music on the way home, but i was unable to get it to reconize it for some reason.. i would click the cd button twice and still nothing. it would just stay on the disk that was playing inside my radio. and i could not get it it to go into ex. mode... so i messed around for awhile and couldnt figure anything out.. so i drove home.. when i got home i let the car sit for a while untouched..later that night i went out for a drive, so tryed again.(clicked the cd button twice) and it worked!...idk what could be wrong.has anyone else experienced this? it seems to work randomly.

thanks
Nick

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so i installed the audio link the other day. and im running my ipod on it. it has great quality sound and love it....when it works that is...... so i was listening to my ipod as i was driving to work, got to work and shut off the car.. when i was done with my shift i wanted to listen to my music on the way home, but i was unable to get it to reconize it for some reason.. i would click the cd button twice and still nothing. it would just stay on the disk that was playing inside my radio. and i could not get it it to go into ex. mode... so i messed around for awhile and couldnt figure anything out.. so i drove home.. when i got home i let the car sit for a while untouched..later that night i went out for a drive, so tryed again.(clicked the cd button twice) and it worked!...idk what could be wrong.has anyone else experienced this? it seems to work randomly.

thanks
Nick
[/b]
bump

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

thanks
Nick
[/b]
I had the same problem man for about 4 days after install. now for some reason mine is fine. But what you prob need in the update firmware for it. And they did not ship any seperate to the stores yet you would have to order a hole new one and put it in, so that is why im just waiting until they get it in. They told me would be about 2 months hopefully. I have not had any problems yet for the last 3 weeks i would say just the first 4 or 5 days it was not reading it. I use the mode button on the steering wheel to go to the IPOD ex mode cause i had a problem with the cd button hitting in 2 times sometimes worked sometimes it didn't.
Good luck though

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
If you continue to have problems, please send us an email via our website with your order number, the type of iPod you are using, and a description of the problem you are having and we will provide further assistance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sometimes when this happens to me, it also affects my auxmod input (which enables the TAPE PLAY mode via the MEDIA button). To restore the function, I have to turn off the engine, disconnect the negative battery cable, count to 5, then reconnect it. After that, everything works again.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sometimes when this happens to me, it also affects my auxmod input (which enables the TAPE PLAY mode via the MEDIA button). To restore the function, I have to turn off the engine, disconnect the negative battery cable, count to 5, then reconnect it. After that, everything works again.
[/b]
Wow, that sounds really bothersome. Definitely try to get that fixed/replaced. The only problem I have is that sometimes the iPod doesn't start back up when I start the car. I have to either push play on the iPod or hit skip on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow, that sounds really bothersome. Definitely try to get that fixed/replaced. The only problem I have is that sometimes the iPod doesn't start back up when I start the car. I have to either push play on the iPod or hit skip on the steering wheel.
[/b]
Yeah, it's a pain when it happens. It's definitely a problem with the headunit, since it affects both the audiolink as well as the auxmod. Because it only affects the AFTERMARKET accessories that I installed, I doubt Mazda would consider it a warranty issue. :(

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I've got the regular USB audiolink. Im using a USB stick with mp3s. Almost everytime I use it, the I will eventually get a error which I will have to remove the USB stick, wait for about 30 secs, then put it back in and then SOMETIMES it will start to work again.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I've got the regular USB audiolink. Im using a USB stick with mp3s. Almost everytime I use it, the I will eventually get a error which I will have to remove the USB stick, wait for about 30 secs, then put it back in and then SOMETIMES it will start to work again.[/b]
Same here. It worked fine for a year with my MP3 plugged into the mini jack, but once I picked up a 8GB thumb drive it works much less reliably now. I mainly listen to 1 to 2 hour long mixes, and it seems with most it either gets 10 minutes into the song, then stops, then freaks out, then skips to the next song, and it only sometimes picks up from where it left off when I turn the car back on...most of the time it goes back to the beginning of the song. This gets annoying after only hearing the first 5 -15 minutes of a 2 hour mix then having to hear that first few minutes over and over until I just skip ahead.

I need to give RPM a call about this...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Same here. It worked fine for a year with my MP3 plugged into the mini jack, but once I picked up a 8GB thumb drive it works much less reliably now. I mainly listen to 1 to 2 hour long mixes, and it seems with most it either gets 10 minutes into the song, then stops, then freaks out, then skips to the next song, and it only sometimes picks up from where it left off when I turn the car back on...most of the time it goes back to the beginning of the song. This gets annoying after only hearing the first 5 -15 minutes of a 2 hour mix then having to hear that first few minutes over and over until I just skip ahead.

I need to give RPM a call about this...[/b]
Interesting. Ive had the USB audiolink for over a year now and have never had issue with it. I recall seeing a post sometime ago in which RPM recommended removing the neg terminal of the batt for a 10 min to see if that helps. Apparently it "resets" the device. Like I said, Ive never any issues with mine so I do know if it will work or not. FWIW, I'm using a 8G SanDisk Cruzer Micro thumbdive and have yet to have an issue.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Do you listen to large MP3's that are 2 hours long? I think that might be the root of the problem. I bet normal single song MP3's would be fine...

I'm not resetting my ECU just to get the Audiolink working...

It's running so good now and I haven't had black exhaust tips for almost a year...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you listen to large MP3's that are 2 hours long? I think that might be the root of the problem. I bet normal single song MP3's would be fine...

I'm not resetting my ECU just to get the Audiolink working...

It's running so good now and I haven't had black exhaust tips for almost a year...[/b]

lol...I understand and don't blame you in the least for not wanting to touch that ECU. Generally, I listen to between 30min - 1hr of any particular mix, dependent on my commute. As far as the longest continuous song, I can make it through Karn Evil #9 from ELP's Brain Salad Surgery album and it plays fine (31 minute tune). Im taking a bit of a road trip this weekend so I should be able to cross that 2hrs continuous play mark. Ill let you know what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Okay, so today something 'interesting' happened that I noticed.

You know when your cell phone grabs a signal from a new tower, and sometimes you can hear that through your speakers? Well the second that happened, my MP3's stopped working. I don't know if its related or not, but my cell phone is pretty close to the audiolink unit.

FYI I am also using a 8GB USB stick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.