Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I can't believe noone has asked yet, but my search yeilded no results :p

Has the Ipod interface available from the RPM store been verfied to work ok with the Bose system? I'm not sure of the details as to what is really different between that and the stock system, but was just curious if anyone has seen anything about this in their travels? :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
yeah, it works flawlessly from what i've read... thus the reason why i purchased on about two weeks ago from RPM store. it's a great product!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
No problem. I happened to know it was there because I asked it a while back.
fyi, I tried ipod and bose. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been trying to figure it out for an hour or so now... I have an '06 with Navigation, Bose and the in dash changer and I was able to take the HU out but now I can't find the port to plug it into. Where is it at? Anyone have pictures?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking at the radio the port is on the left side right next to where the antenna cable goes into the back of the radio (the antenna cable is the single black 1/4 inch wire).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking at the radio the port is on the left side right next to where the antenna cable goes into the back of the radio (the antenna cable is the single black 1/4 inch wire).
[/b]
Is it a snug fit? I tried to put it in there but it didn't seem to fit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it a snug fit? I tried to put it in there but it didn't seem to fit.
[/b]
The clip side of the Audio link points down when it goes in. I had an issue with a small piece of plastic blocking one of the pin holes on the audio link so the connector didn't want to go in at first. When I figured out what was happening I got the plastic out with a small needle and then it fit, slid right in with about as much resistance as plugging a cord into a wall outlet.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got it and it works great!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts