Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda6 2003. Connected my ipod via the ipod Audiolink. When i use the ipod there is a pulsating buzzing sound like interference. It starts out low and gets louder and louder, then may go away and then will come back only when using the ipod. thought it maybe the ACL 1,2,3 but have turned this off and still have the problem Anyone have this problem or have a solution?

Also, wanted to know what is reccommed for in-dash players and speakers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You know what? I'm gonna drag this back to the top because I am having the same issue with my audiolink.

It's like an interference beeping sound that does go away and comes back on again randomly, but, to often to ignore.

I thought it might be due to a faulty ground, so I installed two ground loop isolators to my Fosgate amp, but, still get this annoying sound. While it is beeping, the only way to correct it is to shut the whole car off and restart it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
it could be from the electrical, i installed a whole bunch of JL stuff in this guys car that i know (very expensive, but it wasnt my money :) ) we grounded everything the best that we could, ran the electrical seperate from the sound, and still got a buzzing sound, like you discribe. we even went to put 3 GLI's in to no avail. mabye its just a faulty unit?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i had intermittent noise problems with my audiolink-usb. i added the radio shack ground loop isolator and it cleaned up the sound nicely.

·
Registered
97 Posts
BTW, this too is only when I am using my iPod, in other modes the noise is not there. So, I am almost positive it is coming from the audiolink.

I installed the GLIs just before my amp on the front and back channels as the fronts drive my interior speakers and the back drives a single sub.

Sent a message to RPM, hoping to hear from them shortly.

Thanks for the replies guys, I hope for more soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Okay, to cap off what I hope is an answer. I contacted RPM and they sent me a replacement AudioLink. I'd suggest anyone with this same problem to do the same.

So far, I have not had any problems with the replacement unit. But, that is how it went the first time for the first few days. LOL. We'll just have to wait and see.

i do want to point out that this AL has a different TI (serial?) number than the origianl one.

My original one had TI 15412 III and the new one is TI 23462 III

A newer model? updated? firmware revision?...who knows....

I will post back in a few days with more results as time passes.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got a new 2007 Mazda 6 and am looking into installing something so I can use my ipod. And I have some questions:

Is the audiolink the only way to go?
how hard is it to remove the head unit?
do I need to unplug the car battery when doing so?

Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I also having this buzz sound, but its too rare to remember about it when got home to write at forum...

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's been two weeks so far since my last post and no incidents so far! All is working great!

I'll still keep following this thread and post back in another couple of weeks.

Koya, like stated above, you might want to call RPM and get them to send you a replacement unit. Which ever unit they sent me this time is holding up better than the last one. (see new TI# above) Good luck.

Hi Dash, welcome to the forums! Do a search here cause there are a couple of choices out there. But, I went with the AudioLink for whatever reason it was and am satisfied with it and the company selling them (RPM). They are wonderful people, customer service is top notch, communications is very prompt.

You can find instructions to remove the head unit at mazda6tech.com or another search here would come up with something as well. It's not hard.

Disconnecting your battery when you do any type of mod to your car is always good insurance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts