Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody recommend any audio interconnects? 4-channel and 2-channel?

monster cable(which series?), stinger(which series?), tsunami(which series?), knukonceptz?

·
Registered
491 Posts
knukonceptz for cheap and nice if on a budget. I like stinger but a bit overpriced. All of the ones you selected are nice though. RF aand kicker also make nice interconnects. Just pick the one you like most based on budget and looks.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
knukonceptz for cheap and nice if on a budget. I like stinger but a bit overpriced. All of the ones you selected are nice though. RF aand kicker also make nice interconnects. Just pick the one you like most based on budget and looks.
[/b]
hmm knukonceptz eh?? are they good though? i've looked at stinger at bestbuy/futureshop(same company), and they are like 60CAD+tax for the 4 channel interconnects.... http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...55&catid=10907#

then i went to a car audio store.. and saw alpine's interconnects... they are not that expensive, but my question is, is it really worth it to buy expensive interconnects? will they improve quality/output/anything else for like 200USD(monster cable)?

i also heard that JL's slash have tight space for inteconnects cable, is that true? how would i choose?

what about dist. block? any particular design i should be aware of? like gold plating blablabla...

·
Registered
856 Posts
what about dist. block? any particular design i should be aware of? like gold plating blablabla...
[/b]
Not exactly an answer to your question...but I've always been a fan of these blocks...

StreetWires CBR44A Combo Fuse Block

·
Registered
491 Posts
I use a combo of knukonceptz and Stinger myself. Both are nice. I don't know how much space is on the slash series but if they are small, streetwires might be a good choice for interconnects(their rca connector heads are small). In car, there is so much road noise, it wont matter too much how "high quality" they are. You should get a decent brand so they don't fail though like a couple of cheap ones I've gotten have.

As for blocks, you won't really need fused blocks unless u like overkill or are being extremely cautious. A block is a piece of metal, pick the one that u like best.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use a combo of knukonceptz and Stinger myself. Both are nice. I don't know how much space is on the slash series but if they are small, streetwires might be a good choice for interconnects(their rca connector heads are small). In car, there is so much road noise, it wont matter too much how "high quality" they are. You should get a decent brand so they don't fail though like a couple of cheap ones I've gotten have.

As for blocks, you won't really need fused blocks unless u like overkill or are being extremely cautious. A block is a piece of metal, pick the one that u like best.
[/b]
Hmmm i have the 0/1AWG power kit from stinger, so i must get a dist. block 0/1AWG input to 2 4AWG outputs is what i want, i have the crappy ones, but is 24K gold really is the better one? and why do i need to have fused dist. if i already put higher fuse from the battery to the amp? is it necessary?

hmmm streetwires huh? heard about them, but never see them anywhere here....

·
Registered
856 Posts
I like it because its an all-in-one organized block, thats all.
Some of those larger fuses can be expensive though!

·
Registered
491 Posts
nah, any of the plated stuff will work fine; no advantages.

You would really only need it if you have an amp that does not have an onboard fuse. Even then you could use an inline fuse holder instead. If your amps have onboard fuses, they would be unnecessary

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm yeah ok kewl.... i guess any dist block would be good...

but where can i get streetwires online?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
bigger_george
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing