Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read about a lot of folks doing drain and fills on their auto trans. My 2016 6 just hit 81k and I’ve noticed the transmission acting funny here and there. I can’t seem to find much info on here about guys actually dropping the pan after draining and also changing the filter. It looks like a simple and beneficial procedure.
Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read this first: Mazda 6 GJ ATX Transmission Pan & Filter Replacement!

Scroll to the top of the thread, read it thru...
Ok thank you. I’m a little confused why there is controversy over dropping the pan. I would think a new filter and cleaning the magnet would be far better than just a drain and fill. I know trans flushes are not recommended for high mileage vehicles that have never had the fluid changed. Dropping the pan on these cars is an easy job.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ok thank you. I’m a little confused why there is controversy over dropping the pan. I would think a new filter and cleaning the magnet would be far better than just a drain and fill. I know trans flushes are not recommended for high mileage vehicles that have never had the fluid changed. Dropping the pan on these cars is an easy job.
Yes, for some people. But IMO the problem lies with folks that think it's an easy job (and it is) but simply don't know what they're doing/how to do it correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, for some people. But IMO the problem lies with folks that think it's an easy job (and it is) but simply don't know what they're doing/how to do it correctly.
Yeah I can see that. With regards to under or over torquing pan bolts. Or screwing up the the gasket / seal. I actually like the idea of just replacing the pan since it’s short money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts