Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an infiniti i35, and I just flushed my trans on my 6 at 55k, now what do you think about flushing my infiniti at 101,800k. Is this recommendable? or should I just start replacing oil little by little. Note that the car has never been flushed. :goon:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Before doing anything I would take a look at the fluid. Note the color and take some and rub it through your fingers. If it feels grainy then its prolly a good idea. Otherwise I wouldn't touch it. I've heard trannies that get their fluid changed that late int he game cuz major problems.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I would not do a flush at such high mileage. I would have the pan dropped, cleaned, and had a new transmission filter installed.

Then I'd put in fresh fluid, and consider coming back to the dealership for another pan drop/filter change within the next 5000 miles.

Transmission failures always occur after a flush because the filter is rarely changed, and all the new fluid does is breakup all the clutch pack material/oxidized crap, which instantly clogs the 100k filter, and jams up the lines, causing seals to rupture etc etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing