Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if there is anywhere or anyone i can get this done from? and before any wise guys decide to flame me and call me an idiot and tell me i shoulda bought a mtx id just like to say i got this car from someone so i had no say in the matter. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got an 05 6s and im in nj if anyone know of a place i can get it done please tell me

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i can find anyone a place to do just about anything depending on your budget. let me know and i'll get you someone if the price is close. keep in mind you WILL have it easier most likely just selling your car and buying a stick. but perhaps like me, your just dumb.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I would love to change mine over to Manual.. I am attatched to my car and am slowing getting it how I want it so I would never want to sell it and just get another 6 thta is manual and have to start all over... Unfortuanetly. There are much better things to buy the car for th eprice it would cost to get this done that will make it faster....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just wanna know the cheapest i could get it for all parts and labor included so i have an idea on whether i should get a mtx conversion or if i feel it would be better saving that money towards a new car

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I know a shop up in Lodi, my friend works there. I could ask him for you if you're serious about doing it. You're probably looking at like at least, the very minimum $3,000. BTW my girlfriend lives in Old Bridge right off Gaub Rd.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
i just wanna know the cheapest i could get it for all parts and labor included so i have an idea on whether i should get a mtx conversion or if i feel it would be better saving that money towards a new car
[/b]
Saving money towards new car... :yesnod: Seriously, the words 'cheap' and 'conversion' don't go hand in hand in the automotive industry. Sure you can save some money by getting a used tranny, but still mounting may change between the two, you'll need a different ECU, probably change the wiring harness, new center console piece, probably have to alter the floorpan. I'm sure there is a bunch more than just what I listed, so this is no flame, just do yourself a favour, drive the 6s ATX around, save some money and trade to an MTX.

I know a shop up in Lodi, my friend works there. I could ask him for you if you're serious about doing it. You're probably looking at like at least, the very minimum $3,000. BTW my girlfriend lives in Old Bridge right off Gaub Rd.
[/b]
That I think is a serious underestimate. Just changing the clutch is a 6-8 hour job on the 6, imagine needing to remove the whole tranny, test fit the new one, make your mounting hardware (I suppose you could source use parts there too), cut holes, run wires... I'm thinking $5K easy.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
We'd love to do this to our 6, but the opposite. After going through 3 clutches, we want an Auto.

·
Registered
771 Posts
We'd love to do this to our 6, but the opposite. After going through 3 clutches, we want an Auto.
[/b]
3 clutches?????? Holyyyy

stop riding the CLUTCH........lol dont worry man i jus got mine replaced and this new clutch setting is handling like a charm.... but man 3 clutches wow ......and tru say about 6-8 hrs on clutch replacement its a fuckin misssssssion!!!!!! .......was urs covered by dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol 5k? yea i think ill save that money for another time lol. i was just looking around to see how much it would cost cause i recently learned how to drive a manual and its just so much more enjoyable in my opinion than a boring atx. was just wondering seeing as how ill only have this car until my bro needs it for college which will be in like 3-4 years at which time ill probably be getting a new car thats a manual. but you know, if i can make this car a manual kinda helps my parents out so they dont have to buy me a new car and just buy my bro a used one..and 3 clutches is crazy...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
....agreed, not worth the cost in most cases.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts