Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been researching the gauges and gaugepod that members have done and everyone seems to have different prefs on gauges.....

what would you all consider the most important ones to have for an ATX?

I already know what brand i want to get, SPW x-7 gauges, i like the style....just dont know which ones to get :D

here is what the SPW x-7 Oil Temp gauge looks like:
http://store.racinglab.com/spwx7smprote.html

thanks for your help....

:drive:

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,566 Posts
I don't have gauges, but two I'd definitely get are oil temp and oil pressure. Not sure if I'd get volt or water temp for the third...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Tranny temp is probebly the most important for an ATX. Those tranmissions have all sorts of heat problems, so you want to be able to watch it.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Tranny temp is probebly the most important for an ATX. Those tranmissions have all sorts of heat problems, so you want to be able to watch it.
[/b]
+1 karma. With the tendency of the JA5A-EL to overheat, I'd go for a trans temp gauge, if I was putting in gauges.

·
Registered
159 Posts
[/b]
+2. Other than that, oil temp is pretty good and voltage is nice. If you want the best guage other than tranny temp, weld a bung for an 02 sensor in, and get an AEM wideband

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Auto here unfortunately, have the spw's... and I went with Oil Temp, Oil Pressure.

Then I have one autometer which I use for the tranny temp... I don't care if they don't match, I get to watch my tranny temp, and that's what matters.

Iluv2zmzm, didn't you pm me about this awhile back?
[/b]
did i?? my bad if i did..... i think what happended was i was going to do it a while ago but didnt have the funds..... i am asking now because its going to be my next major mod in a few months and what to start putting money away now....

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
tranny temp would def make sense, but i dont think SPW x-7 series makes one, i just looked it up.... that sux, i really like that look....
[/b]
Yeah they don't, but you can use the oil or water temp. It will read the same, it just won't say "Trans" on it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Im going to put my gauges in maybe this thursday whether permitting.... Ill takes sum pictures when im done, might also install the tranny cooler as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts