Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hey.......I was just wondering if you guys would like to have a Mazda Meet sometime in March 2007! hehehee yeah....I know....A little TOO Early of a meet eh? :slap: .... The reason why I am asking this is because The SCCA Speed World-Challege Touring Cars will Start their New race season next year! Sebring will start
Maybe around the beginning of the month of March. Also, St. Petersburg will begin their race at the end of March. I'm just wondering..... Which track you would like to attend for the Mazda Meet! Hopefully, I'm sure this will be a Big Turn-out :drool: ......(If everyone can attend if Possible) Below are the Following web-sites about the SCCA,and Tracks!

http://www.world-challenge.com/
http://www.sebringraceway.com/
http://www.gpstpete.com/

Thanks,
Neal S.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I'm game. Hope my new job doesn't have me on the road when this meet comes to be.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I am already working with Mazdaspeed Motorsports for tickets for some of our members. We'll be at both venues, so if you are interested, please let us know. I know that the Mazda 6 teams, love to meet our members and we have direct access to the teams and the drivers.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am already working with Mazdaspeed Motorsports for tickets for some of our members. We'll be at both venues, so if you are interested, please let us know. I know that the Mazda 6 teams, love to meet our members and we have direct access to the teams and the drivers.
[/b]
Whoohooooo!! ...You KNOW I'm IN Marlon! :highfive: :dmetal: .....No doubt about that!....We need this event to be HUGE!!!...I cant wait!!...BUT GLAD you all said that you will be able to come......(well....so far..That we know of)...hehee its according of what the Future holds eh? But when the time comes,Looking forward of meeting you all! :yesnod: Oh ya...Trel.....Just read your message......Soooooo.....Your CDL's eh?!.....Nicceeeee!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ummmm...Soooo...I'm Assuming you guys RATHER go to the Sebring Track instead of St. Petersburg eh? :huh: .....Since Sebring is closer to Orlando. Good Deal..... :thumbup: Oh ya.....How many Toll-Booths I have to Run through?...ahahaa About three right?.....Better bring plenty of quarters......No Sunpass for meeee!! :nana:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I remember there being one on 408 that was like 2.25 or something. Stupid FL toll roads.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Some tolls around here get pricey... 417 has one that is $2.50 :(
[/b]
WTF, are u serious? I probably drive through it and not even know it. Which one is it?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Marlon your coming all the way down?
[/b]
Yes, as I work with Mazdaspeed Motorsports to help our members to get tickets and introduce the members to the teams and drivers. This year, my company wants to use these venues to entertain customers, so it will be work and play.

So I will be at all of the events, we are also trying to get our memberships vehicles at varoius Mazda paddock areas, Star Mazda, SWC TC, ALMS as well. Still in the planning stages, once the schedule comes out, we'll have a better idea.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
WTF, are u serious? I probably drive through it and not even know it. Which one is it?
[/b]
If you are coming from Sanford/Lake Mary and heading towards UCF (I get off at Dean Rd. area), right before/after the bridge...

Yes, as I work with Mazdaspeed Motorsports to help our members to get tickets and introduce the members to the teams and drivers. This year, my company wants to use these venues to entertain customers, so it will be work and play.

So I will be at all of the events, we are also trying to get our memberships vehicles at varoius Mazda paddock areas, Star Mazda, SWC TC, ALMS as well. Still in the planning stages, once the schedule comes out, we'll have a better idea.
[/b]
Sounds awesome, shoot me a message sometime kind of explaining that more... I didn't know you worked for "Mazdaspeed Motorsports"....

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If you are coming from Sanford/Lake Mary and heading towards UCF (I get off at Dean Rd. area), right before/after the bridge...
Sounds awesome, shoot me a message sometime kind of explaining that more... I didn't know you worked for "Mazdaspeed Motorsports"....
[/b]

I don't work for them per se, they liked the way I organized the Mid-Ohio meet and asked if I didn't mine coordinating and organizing events. So I said sure and we are always looking for ways to get more Mazda 6 owners involved in the series.

They have been very open to my ideas and the teams love the support we provide them. Again, we are looking for ways to get 50-75 members to the races for each event, throughout the country. I haven't forgotten about you, I can tell you that my e mail was forwarded to the legal department.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't work for them per se, they liked the way I organized the Mid-Ohio meet and asked if I didn't mine coordinating and organizing events. So I said sure and we are always looking for ways to get more Mazda 6 owners involved in the series.

They have been very open to my ideas and the teams love the support we provide them. Again, we are looking for ways to get 50-75 members to the races for each event, throughout the country. I haven't forgotten about you, I can tell you that my e mail was forwarded to the legal department.
[/b]
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Alright, here is a partial schedule for the SWC GT & TC races.

Sebring March 14-17

If anyone is interested in attending please let me know, so I can start working on this. Ben or Neal if you guys can do some leg work as far as lodging, camping and other accomodations I would appreciate it. I will work with Mazdaspeed Motorsports Development as far as tickets.

Thanks in advance, I feel we will have a great number of 6 owners at these events.

P.S. Road Atlanta October 2-5 I expect to see a minimum 30-50 6 owners for this one.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Sebring March 14-17

If anyone is interested in attending please let me know, so I can start working on this. Ben or Neal if you guys can do some leg work as far as lodging, camping and other accomodations I would appreciate it. I will work with Mazdaspeed Motorsports Development as far as tickets.

Thanks in advance, I feel we will have a great number of 6 owners at these events.
P.S. Road Atlanta October 2-5 I expect to see a minimum 30-50 6 owners for this one.
[/b]
I'm On it!! :yesnod: I'll see what I can do

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

Sebring March 14-17

[/b]
Hey marlon shoot me a PM and let me know what you need... i'll help..

Also, is this a catered event as far as food? Meaning our "Mazda6Club" section?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Hey marlon shoot me a PM and let me know what you need... i'll help..

Also, is this a catered event as far as food? Meaning our "Mazda6Club" section?
[/b]

PM sent!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PM sent!
[/b]
Okay....I've been calling around Flordia for some group buys, and so far......no luck :slap: .....just wayyyy to expensive......some were decent, know I could do better. So I went to www.hotels.com and found a so-so place in Sebring. Not the BEST in the world so far. But I'm gonna keep on calling and searching! I even checked out KOA Campgrounds. Ya know......Near Sebring, I've heard it is a Very Nice place to see! Rivers,Streams,ect.....maybe a camp-out??? :yesnod:

But anyways...check this out......
Econo Lodge Near Sebring Flordia

Oh yeah......only about 15-20 miles away from the track....and only $62.95 per night......(so Far).....Remember I havent called them yet to verify. Anyone Near Orlando.......Decent?????

1 - 20 of 154 Posts