Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I had all my windows down and wore shorts and a T-shirt! Today I have to drive my MX-6 and make sure the garage is shut tightly! Boy I hope it warms up for a couple days so I can get my 6 ready for winter storage!

I can't speak for all of you but, Michigan weather is crazy! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its snowing and 29 degrees out right now (windchill 19) :( This usually doesnt happen for at least another month! I busted out the winter coat today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We already have almost an inch on the ground here in the NW suburbs of Chicago...just left work for a little while to get something and it was practically gray-out conditions outside.....sooooo much snow!

I like snow, though :thumbup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Its snowing here right now, and snowed a little yesterday.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
last week it was HOT this week i dont even want to walk to class because it is so cold, it even started to snow. this is the part of college i hate.

·
Registered
490 Posts
We had tornadoes last night, and its now 38 degrees, flurries possible tomorrow.

Just checked the weekend, low to mid 60's, WTF?
[/b]
That tornado hit a couple miles away from me. I heard the tornado sirens going of thinking WTF is that? It's raining but its not raining that hard and the rain is coming straight down, no high winds. :eek:

·
Registered
199 Posts
When I looked out the window and saw white crap falling from the sky, I was not a happy person!! Thank god the wind is going the wrong way so the lake effect isn't hitting us!!! Being in the (secondary) snow belt in ohio sucks!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I looked out the window and saw white crap falling from the sky, I was not a happy person!! Thank god the wind is going the wrong way so the lake effect isn't hitting us!!! Being in the (secondary) snow belt in ohio sucks!!!!
[/b]
I lived in Sandusky which was outside of the 'snow belt' proper but I have to agree, it still sucked in the winter. Better not be snowing this weekend when I'm up there, us Columbus peeps aren't used to snow this early in the year. :D

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
i was busting around a corner trying to outrun the snowflakes on my hankooks, but mother nature was too quick. my left rear stepped on a snowflake and i spun, and died.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I lived in Sandusky which was outside of the 'snow belt' proper but I have to agree, it still sucked in the winter. Better not be snowing this weekend when I'm up there, us Columbus peeps aren't used to snow this early in the year. :D
[/b]
Kevin, if you are up in the Sandusky area, you should come out to Eastlake to the Auto-X. A few of us will be there, so if you can, come and check us out.

I feel for the Buffalo members, they are getting slammed! 2 feet of snow, power outages, etc.

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,644 Posts
I feel for the Buffalo members, they are getting slammed! 2 feet of snow, power outages, etc.
[/b]
Pretty much all of my relative are still in the Buffalo area, and we've been keeping in touch as much as possible. ALL of them are without power, and it'll take all weekend and most of next week before a lot of it comes back. Anywhere between 6"and 28" has fallen, along with tree branches with leaves still on them, being weighed down by the VERY wet and heavy snow, which has knocked the power out, and made streets impassable for emergency crews and even snowplows! My grandmother has already filed a claim with her insurance company, because she can't see her car, which is buried in either just snow, tree branches, or both!

Everyone's okay, though, and it's not too cold for pipes to freeze, so they're just putting the perishables in the snowbanks, and wearing a few layers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I drove out to Holland Michigan on Thursday to pick up the planters on my Parents and Grand Parents graves and was hit with everything - wind, rain, sleet and snow.
It was 10 degrees warmer when I got back in the Chicago land area.

Last night it was so windy here I was looking for Dorothy and Toto.

Good thing I finished putting up the storm windows last week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts